Focal Point
[CLOSED] Configure InfoMini Format and Edit Options

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9707045376

November 14, 2014, 11:14 AM
J.Hines
[CLOSED] Configure InfoMini Format and Edit Options
When I run my InfoMini report, there are numerous output formats, when really I just want HTML, Active HTML, and Excel, and there's also an Edit button showing, which I don't even want to display to the user. I'm seeing this when logged in as a user on the same level as our users will be.

I haven't been able to find any options for disabling either of these when editing the report in InfoAssist. I did find some configuration settings for the Format in the Admin Console, and as a trial I just switched off PowerPoint (since it doesn't even work anyway), saved the setting, and refreshed the report, even restarted the portal, but the option persisted on the Format tab.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J.Hines,

Prod: 8.2.0.4 OS:Windows 10 Output:AHTML, Excel 2007+

The life of a designer is a life of fight against the ugliness.
November 14, 2014, 01:58 PM
MartinY
Have you done this :

1- Process your changes in Administration Console
2- Save
3- Clear Cache (option from Admin Console)
4- Logoff
5- Restart Apache Tomcat

Once I did step -5- then the options have changed in IA

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
November 16, 2014, 08:17 AM
SandyM
FYI InfoMini is a separate component in InfoAssist so it does not currently honor the global output choices that you set up in the Admin Console for InfoAssist We have case # 93172550 open with IBI about this issue.

You can select not to show the edit options by making sure that they are not selected in the drop down list from the InfoMini button in InfoAssist. Make sure those options are unchecked and the finished report should not show the edit option when it is run.

Prod: WF 8.005 Windows, all output formats
Dev: WF 8.005
November 17, 2014, 08:43 AM
J.Hines
Thanks SandyM. Unfortunate there's no config for the formats that show like there are when you do just an HTML report, but it is what it is I guess.

Prod: 8.2.0.4 OS:Windows 10 Output:AHTML, Excel 2007+

The life of a designer is a life of fight against the ugliness.