Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] foc1400 sqlcode -904

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] foc1400 sqlcode -904
 Login/Join

posted
I am trying to retrieve the records from db2 table (view) using focus on mainframe . When i try using sql query by SET SQLENGINE=DB2 , i can retrieve the records successfully.
But when i try by creating a master and access file i am getting below error message
(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -904 (HEX: FFFFFC78)
: DSNT408I SQLCODE = -904, ERROR: UNSUCCESSFUL EXECUTION CAUSED BY AN
: UNAVAILABLE RESOURCE. REASON 00C90084, TYPE OF RESOURCE
: 00000230, AND RESOURCE NAME 4K
: DSNT418I SQLSTATE = 57011 SQLSTATE RETURN CODE
: DSNT415I SQLERRP = DSNXRSOR SQL PROCEDURE DETECTING ERROR
: DSNT416I SQLERRD = -115 13172746 0 13231826 -959250432 0 SQL
: DIAGNOSTIC INFORMATION
: DSNT416I SQLERRD = X'FFFFFF8D' X'00C9000A' X'00000000'
(FOC1406) SQL OPEN CURSOR ERROR. : AGENCYM1

I need to use master file as i need to put if condition on one of the fields.
Please help.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

focus version 7.2.3, mainframe
excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
If you used the WebFOCUS Reporting Server synonym generator to create the WebFOCUS metadata for the view, then you shouldn't be getting this error.

Try a google search for 'db2 sql error "-904"' - the answer should be in one of the suggested pages.

Meanwhile, please elaborate on "I need to use master file as i need to put if condition on one of the fields" - you can put selection criteria in SQL queries.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 100 names in my input file and i want to extract data from db2 table only for those 100 names. Now i cannot give all 100s names in IN CLAUSE. Please suggest if there is any other way.
In focus i am executing below code
table file master
print *
if names eq (namesfile)
on table save as report
end

focus version 7.2.3, mainframe
excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
sonali,

You're asking a second question in this thread without telling us that the first problem was resolved.

Why can you NOT provide the 100 names in the IN clause - do you get an error, or do you just not want to do it this way?

I prefer using WHERE over IF. Here's the syntax for the WHERE statement:
WHERE [NOT] fieldname IN FILE file

WHERE names IN FILE namesfile

You might try JOIN or MATCH - read the manual regarding the syntax. Since the list of values in namesfile is not a DB2 table you may end up with an efficient program.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post