Focal Point
Internal Error Red Text

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9731097331

August 04, 2004, 09:24 PM
Nightowl
Internal Error Red Text
I receive the red text message: INTERNAL ERROR
in my browser when I click on links to my drilldown reports.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
August 04, 2004, 11:12 PM
susannah
yup, we call that the java red screen of death, sort of the updated version of the old DOS Blue Screen of Death. It means a java error. somewhere.
What i do when i get them, after swearing , is edit my program and put a hard exit in after the first couple of chunks of executable code... to see if i fail...then move the -EXIT down a few paragraphs..and try again. Eventually i can narrow down where the problem is, and usually its something like a server isn't available or a mapped drive has died or a phone line to ftpsite is dead. Usually something not code-related. For me anyway. Good luck. my sympathies. Big Grin
August 04, 2004, 11:16 PM
Nightowl
Cool, no more BSD just RSD. Same .... different colour. Thanks for the -EXIT tip, I'll poke along.
August 05, 2004, 09:05 PM
Nightowl
I found the culprit. It was a variable named IBIAPP_app. We have it in our URL in our environment running 5.2.4 but it messes up at the client who is on 5.2.3
January 23, 2005, 05:37 AM
<Kalyan>
So what did you finally do with that variable?
I am facing the same problem and I also use that variable in my URL to refer to the directory where my focexecx are kept and I am also on WF 5.2.3.

Thanks,
Kalyan.
January 23, 2005, 07:05 PM
suzy_smith
One of the delights of WebFOCUS is that all parts of the product must be at the same release level.

Can you upgrade one of your client machines to 5.2.4 and see whether the problem is because of different releases of the product?