Focal Point
[SOLVED] case sensitive connection files (.acx)

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9737027226

July 30, 2012, 08:32 AM
SWES
[SOLVED] case sensitive connection files (.acx)
Hello,

We're experiencing some problems using WF and DataMigrator on the same server. The name used in the sequence CONNECTION of the connection file appears to be case sensitive.

For example: if I put CONNECTION=EXAMPLE (example in capitals), I get an error message opening reports in the MRE using this master. "The master file cannot be found". However, I can use ´Sample data´ in DataMigrator and the data pops up. When I put CONNECTION=Example (example using just one cap), I can open the report but cannot use 'Sample data' in DataMigrator. The console log shows 'Could not find Connection EXAMPLE (FOC 1406) SQL OPEN CURSOR ERROR.'

How can I manage to use the master file in both applications?

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SWES,

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Member of the Benelux Usergroup
July 30, 2012, 05:34 PM
Waz
What is the connection defined as in WF and DataMigrator ?, are they the same or different ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

July 31, 2012, 08:21 AM
SWES
Thank you for your response Waz. It works now, since that we used the same capitalized name on both application directories.

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Member of the Benelux Usergroup