Focal Point
EXTSORT Syntax

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9751067331

October 27, 2003, 04:34 PM
Boogarweed
EXTSORT Syntax
I am trying to turn external sorting off for one focexec because the external sort on the mainframe is having problems and my SA does not have time to fix it. I tried "ON TABLE SET EXTSORT OFF" but it seems to still be using the external sort. Am I using the correct sytax? I can't seem to find a good example of what I'm trying to do. Thanks for the time.....Kelly Confused
October 27, 2003, 05:12 PM
jimster06
Kelly-
You're close.
SET EXTSORT = OFF
is the command.
I usually put SET commands together but that is only my habit so put it before your TABLE command.

HTH
October 27, 2003, 06:40 PM
Boogarweed
I thought I had tried that syntax as well but I retried. I don't get any syntax errors but I'm still getting the same sort error as if it's still using the external sort.....Kelly
October 27, 2003, 07:33 PM
jimster06
Okay .....
After your report request, try
? STAT
This should confirm the sort used
FOCUS
Internal sort
SQL
RDBMS sorted the report
EXTERNAL
An external sorting product sorted the report
NONE
No sort was required
October 27, 2003, 07:57 PM
Boogarweed
Okay. Sort used is FOCUS but I'm still getting "(FOC1898) REUSABLE (BUT NON-REENTRANT) SORT MODULE NOT SUPPORTED". I'll have to dig further to see how to fix this I guess. Thanks....Kelly
October 28, 2003, 10:40 AM
jimster06
Kelly-
Here is the complete message - it may be useful to your systems people.
(FOC1898) REUSABLE (BUT NON-REENTRANT) SORT MODULE NOT SUPPORTED
The module SORT is marked REUS but not RENT. This is incompatible with certain FOCUS environments that use simultaneous execution of SORT. SyncSort Early Warning Notice EW5140-0 shows how to replace module SORT with a copy that is not marked REUS. HTH