Focal Point
[SOLVED] IE 8 Scripting Problems

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/976105294

July 21, 2010, 09:51 AM
Laurie
[SOLVED] IE 8 Scripting Problems
I recently upgraded my local machine to IE 8 and am running Dev Studio 7.7. When I execute a report from Dev Studio, I get the error:

Internet Explorer has modified this page to help prevent cross-site scripting. Click here for more information.

I followed the instructions per the information:

To stop the Information bar from blocking file and software downloads

Open Internet Explorer.
Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
Click the Security tab, and then click Custom level.
Do one or both of the following:
To turn off the Information bar for file downloads, scroll to the Downloads section of the list, and then, under Automatic prompting for file downloads, click Enable.
To turn off the Information bar for ActiveX controls, scroll to the ActiveX controls and plug-ins section of the list, and then, under Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls, click Enable.
Click OK, click Yes to confirm that you want to make the change, and then click OK again.

This does not solve the problem. What can I do to get this to run and display output?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
July 22, 2010, 07:44 AM
ERINP
Laurie,
I believe 7.6.10 is the first release that is "certified"/"compatible" with IE8. IE8 and a version less than 7.6.10 will be buggy. ex. If you try to build an HTML launch page, add a button to link to a report, the javascript for that button click event doesn't seem to get added in the code behind (if you are working within the GUI screen) but add a hyperlink to the same report and the hyperlink will work. There are other issues that IE8 will cause you if you are not using 7.6.10...

WebFOCUS 7.6.9

Reporting client Windows 2003 Service pack 2 using IIS and TomCat 5.5
Reporting Server OS/400 V5R4M0
Outputs: HTML, Excel, PDF, CSV, and Flat Files
July 22, 2010, 08:58 AM
Tom Flynn
After installing IE8, we had to do the following:

Excel Display Options:

IE
  -Tools; - Internet Options; - Security
  - Custom Level; - Downloads;
  - Auto prompting for file downloads & File Download must be ENABLE.

Start Button
 - Explore; - Tools; - Folder Options;
 - File Types - XLS; Advanced - Uncheck Browse in Same Window

PDF Display Options:

Open Adobe
Under EDIT, click Preferences
Click Internet, UNCHECK Display PDF in Browser

hth

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
July 22, 2010, 10:31 AM
linus
You must also disable 'XSS Filter' under Tools, Internet Options, Security, Custom Level. Scroll down to 'Scripting' and under there you will find 'XSS Filter'.

WF 7.7.05
HP-UX - Reporting Server, Windows 2008 - Client, MSSQL 2008, FOCUS Databases, Flat Files
HTML, Excel, PDF
July 22, 2010, 11:06 AM
Laurie
Thanks for the input, it is working now.