Focal Point
[CLOSED] RC Library Reports Migration Wf8.1.05 Library

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9777074096

July 03, 2018, 10:04 AM
FOCdeveloper
[CLOSED] RC Library Reports Migration Wf8.1.05 Library
Hi All:

We have a large library in wf7.6.11 . When I exported the Library, IBI script asks you to logon with ReportCaster Admin ID.. It exports the library.

When I start the RC Import script on WF8.1.5 side. it asks for the WebFocus Administrator ID .. In the past I had used Admin with Authentication set to INTERNAL
Looking at the Import log it had several "failed" to migrate messages..
After checking with IBI Tech Support, I was told to use the same ID that I exported with.. I ran the Migration Import script again with the ID that I used to export from Wf7.6.11 before I ran the script I added this ID to the Administrator group.. But I still see the errors in the Log file.
We have one ID (operator) running these reports in Wf 7.6.11 and using the access list to burst these reports on Locations and users..
User then logon to RC Library and only sees Reports that they have access to via access list

I am wondering if anyone here had the same issue and how it was resolved .. We want our users in Wf8 have access to same reports (past) that they have in Wf7.6.11

I would appreciate if you can share your experience migrating RC Reports Library
Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Prod/Dev/Test: WF 8.1.5 on (Windows Server 2012 R2 )
SandBox: WebFocus Server 8.1.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.1.5 and Developer Studio 8.1.5 on Windows 7
July 06, 2018, 11:29 AM
FP Mod Chuck
FOCDeveloper

I'm sorry no one has been able to provide you any additional advice, please continue to work through techsupport to get a resolution.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats