Focal Point
[SOLVED] HTML Tree Control: How to disable tooltip?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9787090726

December 13, 2012, 12:29 PM
Francis Mariani
[SOLVED] HTML Tree Control: How to disable tooltip?
Is anyone else annoyed by the constant "Expand_collapse tree control." tool-tip that pops up every time one moves the cursor over a Tree Control item (including areas where no action is possible)?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
December 13, 2012, 12:39 PM
Francis Mariani
Using jQuery, I've managed to solve this to my satisfaction.

// Remove "alt" attribute from HTML Image tags, even after the DOM is loaded
$(document).on('hover', 'img', function(){ $('img').filter('[alt]').removeAttr('alt'); });
There is a slight lag when expanding a tree branch with many values, but I'll wait for the user to complain before investigating further.

Documentation: jQuery API - .on()

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
December 13, 2012, 02:26 PM
MattC
I guess I have never noticed the tool tip until you pointed it out. I think I might try and incorporate your resoltion into my HTML.

As far as the lag, good luck on that. I would want to know. This "lag" is what I am referring to in WF 8 on initial load when you have many values at all levels. Once loaded, expanding the tree is lighting fast.

Just to get it functional in WF 8 I had to cut my tree down to 5 records for testing functionality.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
December 13, 2012, 03:14 PM
Francis Mariani
Matt,

The lag might not be because of the jQuery function - it must be because of what you described in the other post: the collapsed branches are not retrieved until the parent is expanded. I never encountered the lag because I hadn't opened these parents before.

You never noticed the tooltip? I find it really annoying - you only need to know what the toggle box is once in your lifetime - not every time you hover over it. I traced the tool tip text to file ..\ibi_html\javaassist\intl\EN\composertrans.js. There's a line of code:
composertrans.put("expand_collaps", "Expand_collapse tree control.");

I modified it to
composertrans.put("expand_collaps", "");
which still renders a tooltip popup, albeit an empty one. I didn't try to remove the line completely.

Francis