Focal Point
Webconsole: LastErrNum 920

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9791080261

April 03, 2006, 05:06 PM
BenC
Webconsole: LastErrNum 920
Does anyone know where to find documentation on this Err Numbers in the Webconsole?

Whenever I run this procedure it seems to run for about 14-15min, and then it aborts for me automatically without any status report. And I when I check the webconsole, it gives me the description of Last ErrNum 920.
April 04, 2006, 06:43 AM
codermonkey
I found reference to it on tech support -- the error occurs when you hit the FOCSORT limit. Is there heavy duty sorting going on in the fex?
April 04, 2006, 08:35 AM
BenC
Yes there is alot of sorting, but this problem never occurred previously.
April 04, 2006, 09:39 AM
codermonkey
Did something change? Are the tables involved large and growing rapidly? Any changes in the
fex? Any changes in table indexes?

If you are accessing a relational table has the code been optimized?
April 04, 2006, 09:58 AM
Leah
There is a command you can use to give the detail on an error message which may or may not help, but for the life of me I can't find my example and it's not one I memorized.

Anyone recall?

Leah
April 04, 2006, 10:29 AM
SLU Will
Can anyone actually point us to the documentation on the tech support site regarding the LAST ERRNUM column in the console? Is there a listing as to what each error number means?

Thanks,

Will
April 04, 2006, 11:06 AM
Francis Mariani
The command

? 920

Gives you:

0(FOC920) FOCSORT HAS REACHED ITS PAGE LIMIT
A severe error was encountered in writing to FOCSORT FOCTEMP.
FOCUS will not be able to recover from this error, and will return
to the host environment.

Perhaps this is the problem?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
April 05, 2006, 01:45 PM
codermonkey
You can try the following link:
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/tech/ibm/ibm_dia_errors_toc.html

It basically gives you the same information as ? xxx (where xx represents the error number)