Focal Point
[Solved] TARGET='_blank' ignored in Heading drill downs

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9817036216

November 09, 2011, 03:14 PM
John_Edwards
[Solved] TARGET='_blank' ignored in Heading drill downs
I have drill-downs to focexecs in an iframe on a dashboard page. I want the drill-down to throw the new report into a different window due to the size of it, but it won't do it. I have drill-downs on data fields and they work properly. But a drill-down on a Heading field replaces the existing report in the iframe.

I did a search on tech-support and I found a bunch of links indicating TARGET='_blank' and TARGET='_BLANK' and TARGET='_new' and about a dozen other variations on the same thing, but nothing on a bug report for the heading. None of the recommendations worked on heading, all work correctly on data fields and titles.

Is anyone opening a drill-down to new window from their heading and if so, can you send me a code snippet as a sanity check? This is a 7.7.03 install on NT Server.

J.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kathleen Butler,

November 09, 2011, 04:10 PM
Microfich
I do this from a heading and get a new window but it is from within an excel report, not an IFRAME. Without an id/pw, WF needs to re-credentialize from EXCEL, so it opens a new window to log in to the server before running the drilldown, I'm presuming. I use TARGET=_blank without the quotes.

WebFOCUS 8105
Windows;
DB2, UDB, SQL Server, Oracle
FOCUS-WebFOCUS since 1981
June 12, 2012, 10:40 AM
WF8Developer
I am interested in the final resolution as I'm having the same type of problem.

Drilling on TYPE=DATA, TARGET='_blank' provides a new window

Drilling on TYPE=HEADING, TARGET='_blank' (or _blank or '_BLANK' or _BLANK) does NOT provide a new window.

When I first set SET TARGETFRAME=_blank I was getting the desired new window. After exiting WebFocus and returning I got "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" errors.

Production: WebFOCUS 7.703 & 8.104,
All output formats.
Win7-64,MS Office 2013.
Sandbox 8009
June 12, 2012, 06:59 PM
Dgraff
I also am interested in the resolution. I drill to a graph from the heading and it opens in the same window but if I drill from the data I get a new window

Duane

WebFOCUS 8.0.7
DS 8.0.7 AS 8.0.7
Windows
Output: Excel, HTML, PDF, AHTML,Mobile
In Focus 1982
June 13, 2012, 04:39 AM
Marion Steudel
I created a procedure like this:

SET TARGETFRAME=HeadFrame

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT