Focal Point
Dashboard HTML page, output block, multiple selections - how to do?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9837022516

January 09, 2012, 09:43 AM
jseaburn
Dashboard HTML page, output block, multiple selections - how to do?
I suspect there might be bits and pieces of this on the forum, but my searches so far haven't given me exactly what I need.

I have an html page that I created with multiple frames/graphs/reports on it. It is deployed as a page in a dashboard in BID.

My question is - one of the frames is a bar graph (Sales by Category). How do I allow the user to select a different graph to display in that frame...say I want to give them a list: Sales by Category, Sales by Brand, Sales by Product ID. And they can choose what renders in that frame only. Is this possible in HTML/BID?

Thanks!

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Linux / Universe Db
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/HTML Active
January 09, 2012, 03:42 PM
Waz
For the fex that generates the bar graph, can you add list of different graphs in a drop down list, and have it rerun its self to the new graph.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

January 09, 2012, 04:02 PM
jseaburn
That's what I'm going for - do you know where i can find some documentation on how to do such a thing? The entire page is considered an 'output' block in BID, and I built the all the frames/graphs/reports in HTML composer. So, composer would be where I need to make these changes and allow for a list of graphs to run for that frame.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Linux / Universe Db
January 17, 2012, 10:20 AM
jseaburn
Anyone have any suggestions or can direct me to some documentation?

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Linux / Universe Db
January 17, 2012, 11:34 AM
Todd_Wallace
I have some sample code that prompts for different reports. You could easily modify it to point to different graphs. Just build a little interface page with a dropdown of the possible choices.

-DEFAULT &SWITCH = 'BMW'
-IF &SWITCH EQ 'BMW' THEN GOTO BMW ELSE IF &SWITCH EQ 'AUDI' THEN GOTO AUDI ELSE GOTO FINISH;

-BMW
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT 
     CAR.CARREC.MODEL
BY  LOWEST CAR.COMP.CAR
WHERE CAR.COMP.CAR EQ 'BMW';
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD 
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     INCLUDE = endeflt,
$
ENDSTYLE
END
-EXIT
-AUDI
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT 
     CAR.CARREC.MODEL
BY  LOWEST CAR.COMP.CAR
WHERE CAR.COMP.CAR EQ 'AUDI';
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD 
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     INCLUDE = endeflt,
$
ENDSTYLE
END
-EXIT
-FINISH
END

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows-iSeries DB2, All Outputs
HTML
January 17, 2012, 12:00 PM
jseaburn
This could be what I need! Thanks Todd! I'll give it a shot.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Linux / Universe Db
January 24, 2012, 03:01 PM
jseaburn
This works Todd! But my next step is to make that frame a part of an overall dashboard page created in HTML Composer. The parameters are selected for the entire form - I'm assuming this technique would fit right in and can be run using the parameters that are selected for the rest of the page?

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Linux / Universe Db
January 24, 2012, 04:03 PM
Todd_Wallace
I have only used it for reports accessed by a single HTML composer page that accesses multiple reportlets in the same FEX. I have seen parameters passed from report to report/graphs in a single HTML page so I know it's possible with compound reporting but I have not done it before. As long as you used the same variable names, accessing the same types of data you should be able to accomplish it though. I saw a presentation about Info Assist where one of our support reps put several graphs and reports on the same page and in the same frame and changed a single variable to change all the reports at once. They did not cross a frame barrier though.
Hope that helps,
Todd

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows-iSeries DB2, All Outputs
HTML