Focal Point
[Solved] WF8 and Macro Enabled Worksheets

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9847077276

September 22, 2014, 10:52 AM
jgelona
[Solved] WF8 and Macro Enabled Worksheets
We are having an issue with Macro enabled worksheets (.xlsm) that are generated with WebFOCUS.

The macros are named auto_open. The worksheet opens in Protected View which is fine. However, when the user clicks the Enable Editing (which should make the document trusted), the auto-open macro does not run. To run the macro, the user has to do it manually.

Anyone else come across this? The only solution I have found is to turn off Protected View and my data security people don't like that solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jgelona,

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.
September 23, 2014, 09:09 AM
Rifaz
Hi jgelona,

I turned off the protected view & tried by having .xlsm/.xltm(newly created in MS 2013) template file types in server, but macros ain't getting executed automatically even after clicking the Enable content. Have to run manually.My VB codes are in Module1 which should execute after enabling the content. Am i right?

I've the xlsm/xltm settings in mime.wfs as "NO" for redirect & Save_Report. Is that fine?

Have also seen in the documentation, EXL07 - 7702 & higher doesn't support templates with macros. How to execute newly created macros then?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rifaz,

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x
September 23, 2014, 09:34 AM
jgelona
Rifaz, we skipped 7.7 but I'm on 8.0.07 as well and they work just fine. I did set xlsm/xltm settings in mime.wfs as "NO" for redirect & Save_Report and they now work.

If Protected View is on, the sheet opens in protected view. When the user clicks Enable Editing the auto_run macro now runs.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.