Focal Point
[CLOSED] EXL2K TEMPLATE

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9847091606

June 29, 2011, 10:25 AM
Rick Man
[CLOSED] EXL2K TEMPLATE
I can create the Excel file, using the template, and have it pass the macro to set up for printing through MRE. It runs when opened. But when I try to run it through Report Caster it does not pass the macro, Auto_Open, to the spreadsheet. The template is in baseapp

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K TEMPLATE 'TIMESHEET_PRINT_FORMAT_MACRO' SHEETNUMBER 1

The template was created using Excel 2003 (That's another issue. grrr)

Any thoughts on how to get Report Caster to pass the macro in the spreadsheet would be appreciated

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Reporting Server 7.6.10
Dev. Studio 7.6.8
Windows NT
Excel, HTML, PDF
June 29, 2011, 07:00 PM
N.Selph
? The Template contains the macro already. If the Report Caster job is properly using the template there is nothing to pass.

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)
June 30, 2011, 08:45 AM
Rick Man
Yes the template contains the macro. I think RC is overridding the ON TABLE PCHOLD statement in the Report Distribution Information section because I can set that to PDF and it will come out as PDF regardless of what the ON TABLE PCHOLD command says.
I was hoping to get confirmation of that and maybe a workaround.
Looks like the workaround is to send out a separate worksheet with the macro and then teach the users how to run it. Boo hiss.

Reporting Server 7.6.10
Dev. Studio 7.6.8
Windows NT
Excel, HTML, PDF