Focal Point
[SOLVED]Portal Interaction from Maintain Application

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9857032976

November 06, 2015, 09:44 AM
JRLewis
[SOLVED]Portal Interaction from Maintain Application
We are building a new portal in WF 8.1.05. The portal will consist of a selection page on the left, and several report tabs that are filtered based on selections on the left.

We are using HTML composer to build the selection page, but are having some issues. We think we can work through those issues, but I am interested in potential alternative solutions.

So, I started looking at Maintain to handle the report selections and have the report tabs refresh based on selections on the Maintain form.

Has anyone done anything like this? I created a Maintain application and am launching it in a portal. I tried to put a javascript function in the fex (using HTMLFORM) that launches the Maintain application, thinking Maintain could reference the function using the parent property, but that is not working.

I contacted IBI on this, and I was told this was not possible, but just wanted to cover all my bases and check with the FP community.

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8
November 06, 2015, 10:31 AM
CoolGuy
JRLewis,

If all you're looking for is the ability to filter reports/graphs based on selections/dropdowns/etc., then that is possible and you don't need a maintain app to do it.

Read up here:
Adv. Interactive Features

Creating Global Filters

Creating Page Drill-Down Links in a BIP

Totally doable.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.
November 06, 2015, 10:51 AM
JRLewis
Thanks, CoolGuy. Our requirements are complicated and the solution using HTML Composer is not straightforward. We are working through our issues, and IBI is helping. I just wanted to see if anyone has used Maintain in any way to interact with portal reports.

WebFOCUS 8
November 06, 2015, 12:50 PM
CoolGuy
No prob. Good luck!

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.