Focal Point
[SOLVED] Recieve array of parameters.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9867009506

June 23, 2011, 01:24 PM
Rafael.AZ
[SOLVED] Recieve array of parameters.
Good day, I'm kinda newbie to WF and i just ran into an issue today, i'm not using html composer.

Well basically i desgined a web page, that has a "multiple" selectbox, so depending on the user selection a different number of params will be sent to a fex, however the only method that I've used to receieve param is
-DEFAULT %PARAM=''

however this would recieve a param just for a specific var instead of an array, can you guys help me on this one?

Thanks in advance.

Rafael

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFocus 768
Windows, all output
June 23, 2011, 01:55 PM
Francis Mariani
I think you have a lot of reading to do.

Did you design a web page with an HTML form?

Did you try adding
-? &
-EXIT

to the top of the fex called by the html form? This will show you all the parameters passed by the form. As an example, for a multiple select box named COUNTRY the behaviour is as follows:

- If only one option was selected, a variable named &COUNTRY is created
- if more than one option was selected, several variables are created: &COUNTRY0 is a count of how many were selected; &COUNTRY1, &COUNTRY2, etc. contains the values of each selected option; &COUNTRY contains the value of the first selected option.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
June 23, 2011, 05:44 PM
Waz
To expand on Francis' explaination, by adding the following:

-DEFAULT &COUNTRY0 = '1' ;
-DEFAULT &COUNTRY1 = '&COUNTRY.EVAL' ;

Ths makes the "array" of variables available all the time.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

June 24, 2011, 09:43 AM
Rafael.AZ
Thank you very much Waz, that was certainly helpful!

Best Regards,

WebFocus 768
Windows, all output