Focal Point
Drill Through processing questions

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9921027142

August 13, 2007, 12:59 PM
Mike2012
Drill Through processing questions
Recently I created four drill down reports. They are set up to navigate down and up thru the reports.

Now there is a need to convert these reports to a stand alone report (outside of WebFocus). From the documentation I found, though, it looks like the first report must contain all of the data used (detail) and a second report that is a summary report.

One of my problems is that all four of my reports are summary reports. I drill down to each of my next reports from the first printed field. I am not going from detail to summary data.

Second I am using a variable in a WHERE statement as part of my drill down process.

It seems that to use the Drillthrough process I will have to combine my now four fexes into one fex. When I tried that my program didn't like the variable I have in place.

Can anyone give me any tips on getting these four reports to work using the Drillthrough?
August 13, 2007, 05:07 PM
FrankDutch
output in PDF?
compound report?

is that what you want?

Do a search on "drill through" and you will find a nice example just a few days ago...
It's from Francis.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7