Focal Point
[CLOSED] How to hide controls in HTML Layout Painter

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9971033962

February 01, 2008, 04:52 PM
cuteone
[CLOSED] How to hide controls in HTML Layout Painter
Hi All,

I need to hide a dynamic calendar control and a IFRAME in HTML page. how can i do it ? Please help me. I made hidden other controls but this calendar control and IFRAME which is over a form is not getting hidden. I have a report on this IFRAME. I need calendar and this IFRAME(report) to be hidden.

Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
February 04, 2008, 08:49 AM
Fernando
Here is some javascript code code for hiding the calendar:

// Hide the calendar icons
	images = document.getElementsByTagName("img");
	numImages = images.length;
	//Loop through images and see if it is a dynCalendar
	for (i=0;i<numImages;++i) {
		if (images[i].src.indexOf("dynCalendar.gif") > 0) {
   			images[i].style.visibility = 'hidden';
		}
	}

Fernando

Prod WF 8.1.04, QA WF 8.2.03, Dev WF 8.2.03
February 04, 2008, 10:47 AM
Anatess
Hi cuteone,

Do you use the HTML Layout Painter that comes with Dev Studio? Do you only want to hide the calendar but keep the textbox visible?

If you want to hide the entire control for the Parm, it is very easy to do in HTML Layout Painter. Just go to to Paramaters tab, highlight the calendar parm and change the Type to hidden.

The Iframe is where the report is going to get displayed on an HTML type. This doesn't display onscreen until the report displays. I'm not sure why you would want to hide it? If you change the type to Excel or PDF or something, a new window opens for those so the IFrame will remain blank. If you want the HTML report to open up a new window instead of displaying in the Iframe, you can go to the corresponding request tag for the report -usually
<request requestid="0" tartgettype="0" targetname="report1" sourcetype="typefex" etc... 
and change the targetname="report1" to targetname="_blank".

Also, please upgrade your signature to display your version info.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Anatess,

WF 8.1.05 Windows
February 27, 2013, 12:55 PM
Doug
Fernando, Thanks for the reminder, and the nice code. Smiler