Focal Point
[SOLVED] FORMAT SQLORA

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9977050776

July 02, 2015, 09:08 AM
MattC
[SOLVED] FORMAT SQLORA
I am pulling and writing data to an Oracle table with a procedure using

ON TABLE HOLD AS &TempTableName FORMAT SQLORA

My question is, Does this pull the data back to the Reporting Server and then send it back to Oracle? I was thinking there is some syntax to keep all the processing on Oracle, but I can't remember if it's in Webfocus or in Oracle. I am using SQL Pass-thru to do this.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MattC,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
July 02, 2015, 01:06 PM
dhagen
On table hold means Oracle->WFRS->Oracle.

If you want Oracle only, then use pass-thru.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
July 02, 2015, 01:09 PM
MattC
Thanks Dhagen. I think I will just do that. Do a INSERT with a SELECT statement.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
July 02, 2015, 01:34 PM
David Briars
quote:
...I was thinking there is some syntax to keep all the processing on Oracle...

I've been kicking the tires on FORMAT SAME_DB.

Maybe that is what you are thinking of?

We are using the Oracle Adapter too.

So far it looks promising, and is working fine.

Doing a SQL trace I can see the WF generated Oracle SQL SELECT/INSERT, along with a CREATE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE...

I've subsequently joined to/from the temporary table to/from a regular Oracle table, with the join effective on the Oracle side AOK.

I am not a SAME_DB/GTT geek, so if anyone has any thoughts/experiences, I'd be all ears.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David Briars,

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster
July 02, 2015, 06:08 PM
Waz
I've used SAME_DB, and it does work, and all processing is on ORACLE.

But we found an issue with HOLD FORMAT SAME_DB PERSISTENCE GLOBAL_TEMPORARY, when used twice in the same proc. The second table ended up empty. There is a case and it is in Product division.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!