Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Go
Search
Tools
 Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] OCCURS and specifying the occurrence (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jif26
Thanks. So this IF just prints out the first occurrence of the field. This doesn't interfere with ......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] OCCURS and specifying the occurrence (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Danny-SRL
You can add a logical field to your OCCURS segment with ACTUAL=ORDER and then issue IF ORDER EQ 1...

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] OCCURS and specifying the occurrence (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jif26
Hi there, I have a MASTER with an OCCURS segment. I just want to print the first occurrence. I see ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] dynamic master description (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Danny-SRL
This might do the trick: ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] dynamic master description (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FP Mod Chuck
Joe This app works fine with version 8.1.05 but I tried it with 8.2.06 and it no longer works. I w......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] dynamic master description (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Joe Beydoun
Can I get a copy of this application please, I'm dealing with the same issue....

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Accordion in AHTML? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by WF Learner
Thank you very much David. It works as you mentioned....

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Accordion in AHTML? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by David Briars
Here is one way to have grand totals on top of an HTML Accordion report. ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Accordion in AHTML? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FP Mod Chuck
WF Learner Accordian is not a supported feature with AHTML...

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Accordion in AHTML? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by WF Learner
Hello, I tried to create an accordion report in active HTML format and it didn't work. With HTML it ......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Cursor in Edit Box (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by evan.brown
I'm working on an html page in my 8206 environment. I have an html page where a value comes into the......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] 2 Webfocus requests on one EXCEL spreadsheet (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by John_Edwards
This stuff is killin' me right now. I have templates on this install and write to them, but my new ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Filter on field which is private (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by Jan999
I have entered the field in the DBA-pane as access-limited read. It is correct that this particular ......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Filter on field which is private (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by FP Mod Chuck
Jan FOC32447 is a warning message and doesn't prevent access. I am not sure what a 'private field'......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Filter on field which is private (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by Jan999
I have created a business view for a user with a filter which select a subset for the accounts based......

Discussion Topic  WebFocus Openings (in Events, Job Postings, Miscellaneous Announcements) by GarrettSMarchon
Hello! I have 4 openings for WebFocus with my client in Birmingham AL. The opportunities will star......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > Events, Job Postings, Miscellaneous Announcements

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] iway dm scheduler not finding agents even after "force scan" (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by FP Mod Chuck
David Log on to the ibi techsupport site and go to case management to open a case (hottrack ticket)......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] iway dm scheduler not finding agents even after "force scan" (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by David Viers
How do I open a hottrack ticket??? this isnt getting better and I am worried. nothing starts up quic......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] setTextWrap Not working as expected (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by srajeevan
Hi All, I got some clue into why this is happening. A per the documentation of setTextWrap, the wr......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] setTextWrap Not working as expected (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by srajeevan
Hi All, I have a bar graph in PDF format. The bar graph has three series in the vertical measure. T......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] PDF Bar Graph - X axis label wrap (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by srajeevan
Hi, Any solution to this issue.? I have a similar issue. I use the below code to wrap the x-axis la......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Reporting Objects (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FP Mod Chuck
Teresa What version of WebFOCUS are you using? I don't see a way to reorder the groups without del......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Reporting Objects (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Teresa Wilhelm
Hello, It seems that reporting objects can become corrupt often. It seems this occurs when using pr......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] master file profile and site.wfs (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Martin vK
I used the universal profile as we also run reports through ReportCaster....

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] master file profile and site.wfs (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Waz
What method did you use ? It may help others....

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] master file profile and site.wfs (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Martin vK
Thanks Chuck and Waz. I got it working, excellent. Martin....

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] master file profile and site.wfs (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Waz
You can also use the Universal Profile. This is executed for all connections including RC. We use i......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] master file profile and site.wfs (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FP Mod Chuck
Hi Martin You will need to create a _site_profile fex and set the &variable to a &&variable in that......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] master file profile and site.wfs (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Martin vK
Hi, We intend to use master file profiles to arrange security to limit specific user to which data ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] WEBVIEWTARG not working in version 8207.18  (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FP Mod Chuck
I guess I'm still not getting this. Where is the fex initiated from where it opens in a new window.......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] WEBVIEWTARG not working in version 8207.18  (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Prajakta
Hello Chuck, It is not a drilldown report. With drilldown it is easy to control I guess with targe......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Access two different RANK fields in a hold file (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MartinY
Remove the NOPRINT from RNK_SALES Due to that that field is not kept in the hold file...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Access two different RANK fields in a hold file (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Pku
Try to put "SET ASNAME=ON" on the top so you can refer the "RNK_SALES" and "RNK_SEATS" in the TEMP_F......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Access two different RANK fields in a hold file (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JForFun
Hi guys, I need to RANK a table on two fields, meaning that if the first one is the same, the data ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED]Inserting records (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Krishna.edara
Thank you dbeagan, This worked......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] tscomid session status (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FP Mod Chuck
Rajna I don't think there is a variable. Techsupport is your best bet for seeing if this informati......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED]MISSING VALUES ISSUE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by David Briars

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED]MISSING VALUES ISSUE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JulieA
Thank you for the suggestion. In talking with my supervisor and colleague, we think we might try a ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED]MISSING VALUES ISSUE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MartinY
Look at the SQL options. You should maybe use SET ALL = PASS (or SET ALL = ON) Another option could......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED]MISSING VALUES ISSUE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JulieA
Everyone, I realize this question may have been asked previously, but I have not yet found the answ......

Discussion Topic  Looking for WebFocus Developer/Architect (in Events, Job Postings, Miscellaneous Announcements) by WFDevConsultant
Looking for WebFocus Developer/Architect to work in Florida. The candidate needs to be having good e......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > Events, Job Postings, Miscellaneous Announcements

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to change what fex is run from HTML file in 8.2? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by J.Hines
That's awesome, thanks. I tried the HTML option first, and got something working; at least it's able......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to change what fex is run from HTML file in 8.2? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MathematicalRob
This isn't what you asked for; I can't think where I've done exactly that. However, I have a number......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to change what fex is run from HTML file in 8.2? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Waz
First option would use javascript to execute the fex in the targeted iframe. i.e. set the src of the......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Statement for Late and Late by 60 Minutes Recognition (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by StacyF

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Statement for Late and Late by 60 Minutes Recognition (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by StacyF

This is part of a define. I am currently not detecting early from late in another field. I can physi......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Statement for Late and Late by 60 Minutes Recognition (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Frans
Your Function is OK, although I would use the simplified DTDIFF(SL_LD_DROP_ACTUAL_DATE , SL_LD_DROP......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Statement for Late and Late by 60 Minutes Recognition (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by John_Edwards
Compare using an HADD instead. I don't fully understand your fields and logic, but the pseudo-code ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Statement for Late and Late by 60 Minutes Recognition (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FP Mod Chuck
Stacy Is this IF part of a DEFINE? Also how do you detect Early from Late is that another field?...

» Refine Search
» New Search