Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (238 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: [CASE OPENED] HTML Output Type No Longer Working in 82 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Waz
I think we need more information.Can you post your code ?Is this related to HTMLFORMTYPE ?...
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] CSV file without quotes (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Waz
You can always post process the file if you HOLD it.Then use HTMLFORMTYPE and HTMLFORM to return it...

Discussion Topic  SET HTMLFORMTYPE = 'XLS' (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by focuzsambit
Guys,I am generating a report, where i am holding my files as HTMTABLE and refering them withing HTMLFORM. And i have set my HTMLFORMTYPE as XLS.For data its coming fine, but for Graph its not coming in Excel Sheet.Anybody having any clue ??tks/sam...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Formating separate part of an alphanumeric field (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
By the way, according to Waz, PDF is one of the formats recognized by HTMLFORMTYPE, as he specifies here: Smiley - Unicode 263A, though I don't believe it until I see IBI documentation discussing HTMLFORMTYPE, which I haven't found yet....

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Formating separate part of an alphanumeric field (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Tom Flynn
JG, Good morning,I thought that was the intent of HTMLFORMTYPE, although, as Francis states in other posts, it is not documented very well.If you HOLD FORMAT HTMTABLE/HTML and use SET HTMLFORMTYPE ... guess. From one of your previous posts you HOLD FORMAT PDF, then, SET HTMLFORMTYPE=PDF I guess I don't...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED]Getting rid of trailing spaces when outputing Format comma (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Waz
If you PCHOLD a DFIX it will give you the master file.Try thisTABLE FILE CAR PRINT COUNTRY CAR MODEL ON TABLE HOLD AS COMMA FORMAT DFIX DELIMITER , END -RUN SET HTMLFORMTYPE=COMMA -*SET HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS -HTMLFORM COMMA ...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CASE OPENED] using SET HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Paul M.
MartinY,Thanks for responding.We do not have any other reports that use HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS We do have a few that are set to HTMLFORMTYPE=DOC and those work, as we set the format type to DOC, and that is passed.Can you elaborate on your other question please about redirection for xls and where to find...

Discussion Topic  RE: How to set Vertical Position for across Column Titles in EXCEL.This is very urgent! (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by info4pals
Hi,Thanks everyone for the response.Iam making use of looping logic and hence cannot make use of HTMLFORMTYPE with css.I have 2 table files - One for Excel OPEN and another for Excel CLOSE.Please let me know if there are any other ways to do it without using HTMLFORMTYPE .Thanks a lot!...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Serving static content from the Reporting Server (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by TexasStingray
Also try thisFILEDEF OUTPUT DISK E:\XLSTemp\mytest.xls -RUN SET HTMLFORMTYPE = XLS -HTMLFORM BEGIN !IBI.FIL.OUTPUT; -HTMLFORM END Hope this helps...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Free form reports (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Waz
If you can get it working for HTML, then you can return the reprot as Excel.Hold the HTML report as a name, then...SET HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS-HTMLFORM {name}...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Delivering files through WebFOCUS (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Waz
quote:IBI tech support says "HTMLFORMTYPE" is unsupported in WebFOCUSThis is quite annoying, as there are many techniques stating the use of HTMLFORMTYPE, and to say that it is unsupported in WebFOCUS, is surprising.I think there may be a giveaway that it is."HTMLFORMTYPE" is unsupported in...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Delivering files through WebFOCUS (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Waz
You could try ...FILEDEF RTNFILE DISK {file location} SET HTMLFORMTYPE = {filetype} -HTMLFORM RTNFILEYou would have to test for each file type to see if it works....

Discussion Topic  Using HTMLFORMTYPE in WebFocus Code. (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by hellonitiv
When we are embedding HTML into webfocus, the report output is on Browser. Can we specify any comman......

Discussion Topic  RE: [WORKAROUND] Microsoft Word Format (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JG
quote:SET HTMLFORMTYPE=DOCDoug, using the above setting forces the web browser to open the outpt in Microsoft word. If your browser is not configured to automatically open MS word documents it will propmtyou to open or save as a word document first....

Discussion Topic  RE: [WORKAROUND] Microsoft Word Format (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
SET HTMLFORMTYPE=DOC -HTMLFORM BEGIN !IBI.FIL.OUTPUT1; p style="page-break-before: always" !IBI.FIL.OUTPUT2; -HTMLFORM END Just found this - really handy for something I'm doing right now!The power of searching FocalPoint!Thanks,...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Controlling Excel cell borders (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Cati - France
Hi JohnB,You can't have the borders in EXL2K format (perhaps it will come in the 7.9 release)You have to use EXL97 format or first save the result in HTMTABLE and then use SET HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS.Hope this help.Catherine...

Discussion Topic  RE: Access Excel and PDF files on the server (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Waz
You could try a small FEX likeFILEDEF RTNFILE DISK &FileSET HTMLFORMTYPE = &Type-HTMLFORM RTNFILEWhere &File is the File location and nameWhere &Type is the file type (PDF|CSV|XLS|HTML|etc)...

Discussion Topic  RE: [Solved] Display Embedded Thumbnails in 8202 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Waz
I wonder if you can hold the image (assuming its a gif or jpg), then use SET HTMLFORMTYPE = GIF|JPG and -HTMLFORM {holdname}Or use EDAGET, do a search of the forum for some examples....

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] topgap or bottomgap in exl2k ? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Ram Prasad E
Tom,I do not have sample code. But these are the optins. You can use either Excel Template or HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS and use microsoft excel styling tags to control as in below link.Vertical HeightThanks,Ram...

Discussion Topic  RE: [Solved] PDF redirect for one report only (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Tom Flynn
ON TABLE HOLD AS NOT_PDF FORMAT HTMTABLE or HTML or DHTML or WhateverEND-RUNSET HTMLFORMTYPE = PDF-HTMLFORM BEGIN!IBI.FIL.NOT_PDF;-HTMLFORM ENDLast Idea:Have the user open ADOBE, EDIT, Preferences, Internet Options, Check Display PDF in Browser......

» Refine Search
» New Search