Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (238 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Insert vertical lines when using SPOT Markers? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by globalwm
I ran Tom's code and I don't see how this is demonstrating how to insert Vertical Border Lines when using Spot Markers?I also changed Tom's code to use: SET HTMLFORMTYPE = HTM Confused......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED]TEXT output format??? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Alan B
Rifaz,Try:TABLE FILE CAR PRINT COUNTRY RCOST DCOST ON TABLE SAVE AS FILENAME FORMAT ALPHA ON TABLE SET PAGE NOPAGE END -RUN SET HTMLFORMTYPE=TXT -HTMLFORM BEGIN !IBI.FIL.FILENAME; -HTMLFORM END -EXIT ...

Discussion Topic  RE: Set Vertical Position for Column Titiles in PDF and EXCEL (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by mgrackin
FYI, I did a search on IBI Tech Support for HTMLFORMTYPE and it only appears in the WF 5.2 Developing Reporting Applications manual. It does not appear in any of the the WF71 manuals that I have....

Discussion Topic  RE: Set Vertical Position for Column Titiles in PDF and EXCEL (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FliPPeR
Thanks Francis, that worked! Even with the HTMLFORMTYPE = XLS I was able to get an Excel sheet. I'll try to fix my vertical alignment with a CSS now... But there is a lot to put in that CSS because the Excel sheet now look naked )...

Discussion Topic  RE: Set Vertical Position for Column Titiles in PDF and EXCEL (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
It looks like you can't use HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS in 5.2.5.As for the error you're getting, MRE always complicates things. I imagine MRE is looking for the HOLD1 file somewhere in the domain.Try this ... HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS-RUN-HTMLFORM BEGIN!IBI.FIL.HOLD1;-HTMLFORM END-RUN...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED]Rename the .xls file using the HTMLFORMTYPE method (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by info4pal
Hi Doug,Iam using this Method - HTMLFORMTYPE =XLS because of the formatting issues in excel(like borders not aligned properly,font,color etc for the headings).Regards,IP...

Discussion Topic  RE: [Solved]Refused to execute script because it's MIME type is not executable (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Waz
What browser are you having the issue on ?I was going to suggest adding "SET HTMLFORMTYPE = JS" to your fex.This will remove any comments/execution run text from the returned text....

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Transforming an HTML page into EXCEL (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Anatess
Check out SET HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS.It's been a while since I used that (I was on version 7.6 then, if I recall correctly) so not sure if that thing still works on version 8....

Discussion Topic  Will HTMLFORMTYPE support EXL2K ? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by saikumar
Hi Everyone,I trying to Impor two report in Excel Tab.One is Tabular and another one is graph.These two reports are in HTMTABLE FORMAT.Finaly Iam Calling these reports in HTMLFORM.Its working fine for html format.when I say SET HTMLFORMTYPE= 'XLS';Result will be In Excel but only tabular report...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] grid lines in Excel2K report format (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by focuzsambit
then in that level set HTMLformtype='xls' . (and make sure default point to html format - no htmlformtype setting)So basicaly by passing some variable and handling it through dm command, you make...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CASE-OPENED] EXL2K recognising date formats (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Dan Satchell
Interestingly, if you use HTMTABLE with HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS, dates DATE0 and DATE1 are recognized in Excel as dates while DATE2 and DATE3 are seen as strings (although DATE0 has an MDYY format instead ... HTMTABLE END -* SET HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS -RUN -* -HTMLFORM BEGIN !IBI.FIL.HOLD; -HTMLFORM END ...

Discussion Topic  RE: 7.6.9 Border issue in excel Headings[Solved] (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
have a -RUN after the HTMLFORMTYPE command. Perhaps the HTMLFORMTYPE does not work in your environment....

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] -HTMLFORMTYPE Excel - Data issue. (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Dev
001 FORMAT HTMTABLE END SET HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS -RUN -HTMLFORM BEGIN !IBI.FIL.REP001; -HTMLFORM END...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] EDAGET Syntax (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by susannah
Fun with EDAGET-* this works FILEDEF MYREPORT DISK c:\ibi\apps\myapp\myreport.xlsTABLE FILE IBISAMP/CARPRINT SALES MODELON TABLE HOLD AS MYREPORT FORMAT EXL2KEND-RUNSET HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS-HTMLFORM ... created binariesFILEDEF MYREPORT DISK c:\ibi\apps\xsusantest\vacation.xlsSET HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS-HTMLFORM...

Discussion Topic  HTMLFORMTYPE AND 'TITLETEXT' (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by linus
I have to create a workbook with five tabs, one for each region, which is not hard to do, but at the same time I have to turn my column headings vertical. I'm using the htmlformtype logic, but the 'titletext=value' in the stylesheet is not recognized in html. I've searched the forum and did not...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Excel and URLs with Ampers (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
Mike, try the code below. There seem to be no documentation for SET HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS. -* File fp_mike_williams1.fex DEFINE FILE CAR COUNTRY_LINK/A200 = 'a href="http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&|output ... COUNTRY_LINK AS COUNTRY ON TABLE HOLD AS H001 FORMAT HTMTABLE END -RUN SET HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS -RUN...

Discussion Topic  RE: [WORKAROUND] Microsoft Word Format (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JG
Tony, got me thinking, no need to go to EXL2KUse HTMTABLE and you can get compound documents with page-breaks if required. SET HTMLFORMTYPE=DOC -HTMLFORM BEGIN !IBI.FIL.OUTPUT1; p style="page-break-before: always" !IBI.FIL.OUTPUT2; -HTMLFORM END ...

Discussion Topic  RE: [WORKAROUND] Microsoft Word Format (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Doug
JG: Yes, the "SET HTMLFORMTYPE=DOC" works well and MY browser is set to prompt (no telling what the users have their's set for). I will use this and Tony's info for a final product.Tony: That's great. I'll use that as well... I will use this and JG's info for a final product. -Doug...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Formating separate part of an alphanumeric field (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JG
quote:HTMLFORMTYPEFrancis I've done an internal searchand it's very badly documented. HTMLFORMTYPE Sets the output format type of an -HTMLFORM report. 5.2 documentation nothing before, nothing after.Whole of the interal systems 65 hits.It really should be documented correctly....

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Display XML file stored in SQL Table (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Waz
If you just want to return the XML document to the browser, then hold it and use HTMLFORMTYPE.e.g.TABLE FILE MIS_LOAD_XML_MSG PRINT RAWMSG WHERE @MSGID EQ '21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D' ON TABLE HOLD AS MY_XML END -RUN SET HTMLFORMTYPE=XML -RUN -HTMLFORM MY_XML ...

» Refine Search
» New Search