Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (38 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Chaining Question (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MartinY
The "Add 'All option'" put first option to "All" that is equivalent to pass FOC_NONE or _FOC_NULL to your fex. So depending how you code your fex it will ignore the related WHERE clause. But it will ... ignore the WHERE clause in the fex if no selection is made. But it will populate the chained control...
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] If statement with an in condition (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Wep5622
I think a small warning about .QUOTEDSTRING is in order here; don't just blindly apply that everywhere.For starters, if you use that in a variable substitution in a FOCUS WHERE-clause (ie. WHERE MYFIELD EQ &MYVARIABLE.QUOTEDSTRING, the variable-value FOC_NONE (meaning "ignore this line") gets...

Discussion Topic  RE: Wildcard parameter value not returning data. (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Leah
As TONY A says,Try breaking up the Where statement to two where statements. If you want ALL (FOC_NONE) to work on the STNUMB then you would have just the where with the &STDNUM and then the rest of the selection on the second where to get what you want. Assuming here you want to ignore the STDNUM...

Discussion Topic  RE: Wildcard parameter value not returning data. (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Tony A
very first test is comparing against a value of FOC_NONE then WF will ignore it and then encounter the...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] DB2 SQL passthru error (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Darin Lee
Actually, it DOESN'T ignore the whole statement - it just seems that way. What it ignores is the entire PHYSICAL line of code on which it appears. If the entire WHERE statement appears on the same line, the whole line is ignored. In the case of a compound statement using AND, this could be a bad...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Conditional Formatting w several criteria (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Shingles
want to ignore all the conditions.Anyway... still doing a little unit testing... should be good though...

Discussion Topic  RE: Table Prompt Slow for SQL (or date problem for WebFocus)) (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Mighty Max
I use amper variables all of the time in sql pass thru. But I always SET their values before the sql pass thru. I have found some inconsistency using FOC_NONE however. It does not always ignore the line. I usually comment out the line or skip the line. I am not sure if sxschech was trying to SET...

Discussion Topic  RE: WebFOCUS 8 Migration Testing? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by David Glick
Tom,If you select the "DOCUMENT" object in the Properties sheet, there is a property called "Ignore Filters". It has a dropdown to choose between _FOC_NULL and FOC_NONE. The DOCUMENT object also has a property called "Title of element" and this is what you can change to now show "HtmlPage" as the...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] issue w/ DYNAMIC WHERE statement (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by J
That is exactly what I want in some cases, to wipe the entire line. However, in when doing an ignore like that, I would use _FOC_NULL.If I wanted to get rid of a dynamic where statement, I would want to wipe out that line with FOC_NONE (WHERE &where). Caution is needed here, not fear. But each to...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Conditional Footing (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by DavSmith
CAR 3) PRINT CAR 4) BY '&HIDE' BY MODEL 5) END The server report engine parser will ignore ALL of...

Discussion Topic  RE: too many tables (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by TexasStingray
request WHERE SEX EQ &SEX ; if the value of &SEX is FOC_NONE WebFOCUS will ignore the entire line...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Using the Decode Command (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Wep5622
PE_ZZTTERAP BY ZZTTERI -*I want to ignore this statement if &WINID is not in file PE_ZSASECBP -*WHERE...

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] foc_none OR foc_null (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Geoff Fish
I have this code below some of which I found on Focal Point. My dilemma now is that it works but sometimes there is no middle name in which case i need to ignore it. I can enter the first letter followed by % and it will work but occasionally although rarely a donor may have no middle name in which...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Simple HTML Form Question (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Darin Lee
That's the way chaining works. The only time anything will happen (modify contents, select values, etc.) in the EmpID# box is when you select a value in the Names box. The "ALL" option is not a value. Under the covers, it is using FOC_NONE which in essence means "ignore this line of code". So if it...

Discussion Topic  RE: Parm *SELECT ALL on a Dynamic List Selection (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by susannah
TWDRVMGR EQ FOC_NONE" , it knows to ignore the filter.See how far you can get with all this so far......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Subtract 48 hrs from current Date & Time (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Wep5622
can be FOC_NONE though, it will translate the value in the string 'FOC_NONE' causing WF to not ignore...

Discussion Topic  RE: Creating a file to be used in my reporting application drop-downs (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by George Brown
ignore the line that contains that keyword. I hope this helps more than hinders ...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] searching files on EDASERVE for SQL pass-thru usage (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dbeagan
I did something like this:-DEFAULT &File = '*'; -DEFAULT &Ext = 'fex'; -DEFAULT &Find = 'while'; -DEFAULT &Case = 'ignore'; -SET &Mesg = IF &Find EQ 'FOC_NONE' THEN ' ' ELSE 'Found: ' | -SET &Icase = IF &Case EQ 'ignore' THEN '/i' ELSE ' '; -SET &dlm = CHAR(255); !findstr...

» Refine Search
» New Search