Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 58
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (1149 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] getting the column total in the next line,want in same line... (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by kiran
Hi all,when i am generating a sample report in pdf format,and when i use on table column-total to get the report total,the total clause is coming in one line and the actual totals(calculations)are coming in the next(below) line.i want the totals next to the 'TOTAL' clause eg:i am getting in the...
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Issue with Displaying the "Total" (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Gobinath Velusamy
an issue with displaying the TOTAL.If you see,"TOTAL" is being displayed in the first line followed by the DATA in the next line.We want the "TOTAL" and DATA in the sameline.ANy suggestions ... Hi*********************************************December . 19803028233.41 December 9978554.15 Total...

Discussion Topic  RE: grand total on one line (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by mgrackin
,$ENDSTYLEENDAlso,ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL AS ''will keep the number on one line but you will not have the word "Total" appearing on the line. ... Pam,Here's a simplier example.TABLE FILE CARPRINT COUNTRYBODYTYPESALESON TABLE SUBFOOT"TOTAL+0 TOT...

Discussion Topic  RE: Why does the total on a by show one row below (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Leah
Usually I've seen that happen when the value of the by field is longer when the *TOTAL ..... is generated, so FOCUS puts the totals on another line to line up with the columns....

Discussion Topic  RE: Why does the total on a by show one row below (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by mgrackin
If you are hiding (NOPRINT) the BY fields then the "TOTAL" will appear on a seperate line for ANY output format....

Discussion Topic  Report caster subject line (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by DaveZ
When a report is delivered to a user via email is there any way to put a column(s) total on the subject line....

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to skip a line between two RECOMPUTE lines? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnB
I tried these 2 techniques and subfoot, but they do not put a blank line between the last subtotal line and the grand total line.Any other suggestions?...

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] How do you get a total to print on one line? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnK
I would like to print a simple column-total on one line. I do not have any sort fields. When I attempt to do this, the phrase 'TOTAL' prints on one line, and the total amounts on the second line ... that prints on two lines. TABLE FILE CAR PRINT MODEL SALES ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL AS 'TOTAL' ON TABLE...

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] COLUMN-TOTAL line wraps onto 2 lines in PDF, but not in HTML or Excel (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JBK
numeric column being totaled. The first column is an A12 field. To total the numeric column, the sysntax, ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL AS 'TOTAL' is used.The problem is in PDF this grand total line is wrapping onto 2 lines: The word TOTAL is one one line and the numeric value is on the line below it. This...

Discussion Topic  RE: a different report format (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Tony A
Apart from the [ code] tags you used, no lines and the fact that you've missed off the total line?T...

Discussion Topic  RE: Creating a blank column for 'total' heading on subfoot (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rs
You need to use a BY clause to sort the report and use the Total it should come on the same line...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Help with recompute (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by GamP
There are many posts on this subject in the forum. Search for 'total one line' and you'll find a number of posts with possible solutions to this problem....

Discussion Topic  RE: summarize and .TOT (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Rafael.AZ
Dan thank you this kinda does what I want except that this will cause the 2 line on total issue...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] RECOMPUTE and SKIP-LINE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MattC
Sorry if I am not clear. I am looking to add a blank line between the last row and the total....

Discussion Topic  Hide lines from a report (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Abdess
Hi, it's possible to hide lines on the report and keep only the total line ??Thanks in advance...

Discussion Topic  RE: Help a newbie out (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Big Guy
Yes, that was my typographical error. I do get a line that says Total and nothing else....

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] subfoot and total lines is not aligned and extra space in PDF report (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by mgrackin
placing values on a TOTAL line. If there isn't enough room on the same line for the value of the field for which the TOTALS are being calculated and the total values themselves, FOCUS will use two lines for ... lines, not force the TOTAL line to always appear on one line....

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] How to only print column total line (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jveselka
How do I code this so that only the Grand Total Line prints? I don't want to see the headings or data, only Grand Total line. TABLE FILE CAR SUM DCOST RCOST BY COUNTRY ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM ... 2Report 3 I need to be the one line Grand total which is the total of LOB1 and LOB2This seems like is...

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Adding an average line after grand totals (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JJ
When I add an average line after grand total, it drops off grand total line. Can someone help me to add average line right below grand total line? I want to have RECOMPUTE by sort break and then grand total and average.SET SUMMARYLINES=EXPLICIT TABLE FILE MOVIESPRINT COPIES LISTPR WHOLESALEPR...

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Calculate group total and use in detail report (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by HCall
I need to calculate the total for a group, and have it show on the detail line and use it in some calculations for the detail line.TABLE FILE ACCTTRANSACTIONPRINT ATSELLAMT/P12.2M AS 'SELL AMT'BY ... detail line, and then use that to determine a rebate percent based on total purchases for the store.How...

» Refine Search
» New Search