Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 58
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (1149 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: Accessing 'TOTAL' Text in GRANDTOTAL Style (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by susannah
to the total line.Take out the ON TABLE SUB-TOTAL... because that's a puzzling concept.. We total ... Smith, the method we've given you does address the TOTAL text directly.Its just that you have to do it by addresseing the entire line and then...back out each individual summed element and set its...
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] on break-name recompute (or subtotal) as 'total xxx' split to new line (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by mike
Does anyone know how to make "on break-name recompute (or subtotal) as 'total xxx' " not to break into a new line?The subtotal line is always broken into two different lines. The alpha description 'total xxx' on one line and the numerics on the second.I have read somewhere that WFC estimates that...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Summary line (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Piter
MartinY, if you see this post. Is there any workaraund not too include TOTAL line for GRAPH. looks when we merge report with final line, that becomes data line. and if I do graph on column, then TOTAL is big and rest of graphs becomes very small...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Totals on second line (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
You have a BY column-name NOPRINT?That causes the Total line to be on two lines. There are dozens of posts about this: FocalPoint Google Search [CLOSED] How to avoid total line on two lines (This should be flagged "FOREVER OPEN") [SOLVED] COLUMN-TOTAL line wraps onto 2 lines in PDF, but not in HTML...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CASE-OPENED] How to Display Different Format Data in One Column (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Willi
Product Type, ACROSS Country, ACROSS City, It also has ACROSS (City) Sub-total, and ROW-TOTAL, SUB-TOTAL.There is a bottom line "Total Sales ($)", which SUM (sales amount), ACROSS Country, ACROSS City (has also ACROSS (City) Sub-total, and ROW-TOTAL)."COUNT(products sold)" (including sub-total & row...

Discussion Topic  For Leah or whoever can answer (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Big Guy
I am still unable to get my COLUMN-TOTAL to produce any value. I simply get a line that says Total and nothing else. Is there anything else that I can do?...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Grandtotal questions (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Prarie
if you will do a search on TOTAL SAME LINE. you will get many answers on that question. You can try this ON TABLE SUBFOOTON TABLE SUBFOOT "TOTAL ST.WEIGHT" but look at some of the answers...

Discussion Topic  RE: (FOC1070) VALUE FOR JOIN 'FROM' FIELD OUT OF SEQUENCE. RETRIEVAL ENDED (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Alan B
When sorting on a COMPUTEd field, the syntax, in your case, is:BY TOTAL HIGHEST 1 I AS 'LINE#' or BY TOTAL HIGHEST 1 I AS 'LINES' Once the warning has gone, then the rest should fall into place....

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Why am I getting the column total tag on one line and the totals on another? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by CoolGuy
Thanks for your insights. We found that out ourselves this paast Friday. We also noticed if we do the following, it will correct the total line as well. We just won't be able to tag it:ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL AS '' ...

Discussion Topic  [Solved] Weighted Average calculation on total line (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by sladkat
Hi,I want total of a count and weighted calculation of age to be on the total line. Please find ... 1 105.3 BMW 6 102.7 TOYOTA 1 93.3 TOTAL 8 100.4 Here on the total line I am getting a total of count of ... average of wheelbase on the total line. Is there any formula to calculate weighted average on subtotal...

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Help with recompute (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Don Robison
I am getting a extra line when my total line print on a recompute. Is there anyway to make the output print on one line examplexxxxxxx 111111 2222222xxxxxxx 111111 2222222total 222222 4444444...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to skip a line between two RECOMPUTE lines? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JohnB
njsden,Your technique puts the blank line between each recompute line. I need it only between the last recompute line for country and the total line.Thank you....

Discussion Topic  subfoot printing order (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Lloyd
. How can I get it to print before the third sort total line? quote: **TOTAL CLASS: **UNKNOWN** ***TOTAL ACCOUNT: PARISIAN DOORS:1 **TOTAL CLASS: SUBURBAN ***TOTAL ACCOUNT: RLGM DOORS:1 **TOTAL CLASS: **UNKNOWN** ***TOTAL ACCOUNT: ROBINSONS/MAY ****TOTAL : WOMENS HOSIERY DOORS:1 The code I used to...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] how put a sales to the right of across total (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by vnf
in the column-total line (ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL AS 'TOTAL' 'CAR.BODY.SEATS' ),I do want the seats to totaled but not the sales. In my real sample report instead of sales I have Average cost.Sorry to ask but how can I do the code-tag?thanks...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to calculate specific total formula to specific columns? RECAP HELP (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MartinY
Using a COMPUTE as for the formula and RECOMPUTE as in the TOTAL command line option.TABLE FILE CAR SUM RETAIL_COST DEALER_COST COMPUTE RATE/D6.2% = (RETAIL_COST - DEALER_COST) / DEALER_COST * 100; BY COUNTRY BY CAR BY MODEL ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL AS 'Total' RECOMPUTE END -RUN ...

Discussion Topic  AHTML subtotal and total line appear in wrong column (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Mike.Grisham
with the total parameter set to Total. We are outputting to the screen in HTML, EXL2K, PDF and AHTML. The columns and totals line up in all formats except AHTML. In the AHTML output the total lines move to the left and appear under the group by fields leaving the last 2 field's total lines empty...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] TOTAL NOT WORKING (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Doug
Put both fields on the same COLUMN-TOTAL line, like this: TABLE FILE CAR SUM CAR.BODY.DEALER_COST ... 143,794 173,204You can abbreviate that line as follows: ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL AS 'TOTAL' DEALER_COST RETAIL ... TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL AS 'TOTAL' 'CAR.BODY.DEALER_COST...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Display Issue - Percentage in Grand Total Line (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Sarah B
My grand total line is an ON TABLE RECOMPUTE, with several fields from the body of the report excluded. (Adding these % to total ones to the excluded list is my coworker's suggestion)Since the calculation is the sales/total, I assumed at the total line that it would take the summed total from the...

Discussion Topic  RE: Subfoot in Grandtotal (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Syed
exists a blank line between the column-total row and the last subfoot row. Let me know if you have any ... and a column-total for getting the grand total. So the recomputed fields occur before the subfoot. Eg. ATotal A - (Recompute)V_ABC1 - (Subfoot) Similarly, for column-total, the total comes first and...

Discussion Topic  Need help for COLUMN-TOTAL (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FliPPeR
Hello All! Simple problem: I want to show Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5 in a Subtotal line but only Field1 Field4 Field5 in my COLUMN-TOTAL. I did ON FieldX SUBTOTAL Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5 AS 'SubTot '; ... ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL AS 'Grand Total' TOTCOST FOVERD SOVERD But the Column...

» Refine Search
» New Search