Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 58
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (1149 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  Total and subtotal (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by eab
city and student and last one only summary line. Also I asked to do subtotals by region and total for first 3 region and total for all of them. SUM STUDENT compute fields BY REGION NOPRINT RECOMPUTE MULTILINES AS 'Total for ' BY CITY BY STDNT_NUM What I have to code to supress students lines for...
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED]getting a count of items in a column to show in the total row (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MonkeyP
Suppose the following is the fexTABLE FILE CARDSSUM CARD_NUMBER TRANS_AMOUNT TRANS_DATEBY MERCH_IDENDON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL will give me the total dollars of the column TRANS_AMOUNT in the total lineI want a count of the CARD_NUMBER field directly under the card number column in the total line in a...

Discussion Topic  RE: ON FIELDNAME SUMMARIZE total issues (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Tom Brittnacher
get a blank TOTAL line with nothing on it. And as far as I understand RECAP, it does not put the column total into a neat column, but rather on its own TOTAL line and not lined up with columns. I need that total to appear like a column.Thanks for your help wit this!...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to avoid total line on two lines (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by pvparuc
This issue can generally be solved by Subfoot.. I generally do it by calculating the Total line seperately.. I know this is a roundabout but is useful when you need to get a weighted average in total line ...TABLE FILE CARPRINTBODYTYPESALESON TABLE HOLD AS DETAILENDTABLE FILE CARSUM SALESON TABLE...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to avoid total line on two lines (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
the total length of the row title "*TOTAL ..." for the SUBTOTAL line. This should keep the SUBTOTAL information on one line ALL the time....

Discussion Topic  RE: regarding subtotal and its values in one line (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Dharma
Putting subtotal & grand total on subfoot works. thanks for that. i have put subtotal on 'on columnname subfoot' and grand total on 'on table subfoot'. but the problem is 'on table subfoot' is displaying the grand total below the footing line. i want it above the footing line. i can put both of...

Discussion Topic  WEBFOCUS 8 TOTAL QUESTION***CLOSED**** (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by RobertF
We notice that since we have gone to WF v8, any NEW fexes we create where we have a GRAND TOTAL appears to place the word (TOTAL / GRAND TOTAL etc) one its own line and the actual totals appear on the subsequent line. What are we doing wrong? I see no where to set / re-set this.Thanks!...

Discussion Topic  RE: Why does the total on a by show one row below (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rc
This is where I'm confused.Been playing with the code and the below line works great, except when I add the NOPRINT then it prints *Total Atlanta and the number prints on the line under this one. Why???? Why does Webfocus take the liberty to insert the string "*Total"?BY 'Broker_City' SUBTOTALorBY...

Discussion Topic  RE: Why does the total on a by show one row below (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
"If you are hiding (NOPRINT) the BY fields then the "TOTAL" will appear on a seperate line for ANY output format."Wow! I think I got it! Thanks!...

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Average and Total of columns in same report (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by BI Dev
Hi,Is there a way to create a report with 1 dimension and 5 measures in infoassist and display column total(in 1st line) and average(in 2nd line) of the columns in footer? Is it possible to accomplish this using infoassist GUI and not App studio or Text editor?RegardsBI DEV...

Discussion Topic  RE: How to get Max of column (database) ? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Leah
Since you are already pulling the max value, I don't know as you even need the WHERE TOTAL line. Did you run once without it?...

Discussion Topic  RE: HOW TO REFERENCE COUNTS FROM MULTIPLE TABLES (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by RSquared
Samf,You can also do -SET for each Total Amount at the end of each report and then print them using the OVER command for each line....

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] wRONG OUTPUT (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by j.gross
WHERE TOTAL (STC_CMPL_CRED GE 24);There's your answer -- As was undoubtedly indicated by a message line immediately followingNUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 929108 LINES= 119285...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Format unknown line# in Heading based on certain text on that row (Excel) (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
You could also set up multiple stylesheet lines for the Total Amount line, and utilize the existing &COMMENTOUTn variables to comment out the inappropriate stylesheet lines......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] MISSIN ON NOT WORKING WITH SUMMARIZE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JOE
Thanks for all the replies. We decided to conditionally format out the *** (which are negative values) with a conditional format to make it the same color as the total line....

Discussion Topic  ROW TOTAL LINE BY LINE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Cati - France
'ON TABLE NOTOTALI want to have a colum total for each line witch is the value of FUNBPP + previous totalExample :First line : FUNBPP = 5, Total = 5Second line : FUNBPP = 10, Total = 15Third line : FUNBPP = 8, Total = 23....How can I code that ?Thanks for help...

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Adding a count of records to the Totals Line (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by James at WI
I have generated a report that includes subtotals and a grand total line. Everything was fine until the user requested a Total # of records value added to the grand total line. I have been struggling trying to find a way to do this. My mind says that this should be a simple task, but it's not...

Discussion Topic  RE: Field in Subtotal but not Grand Total (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by .eric
I still need column totals though, the subtotal line isn't the problem, it's the very last total line (grand totals) where I need to exclude the PCT_COST field....

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Line Graph with no line for zero values? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jason K.
I know the total... it's zero, that's the problem.I can't exclude all the records that have a zero value, I just want keep them from drawing a zero line on my line graph....

Discussion Topic  RE: PDF Alinement issue (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Leah
The syntax isON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL AS 'Totals'This puts totals on line at the bottom of your data columns, then you could add your ON TABLE SUBFOOTTo print the 'end of report' line....

» Refine Search
» New Search