Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (154 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] SQLOUT VARCHAR2(4000) to TX50? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Waz
Have a look at the following command.ENGINE [SQLORA] SET CONVERSION LONGCHAR {ALPHA|TEXT|BLOB}This may help....
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: WF Maintain -- Support for BLOB data? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Maintain Wizard
I qualify. I am afraid that there is not BLOB support in Maintain. We don't even like TX fields. What we can do is support a very large ALPHA (A2000 or so) in an MFD so maybe you could translate the field from the BLOB into a large alpha before trying to manipulate it.Mark Derwin...

Discussion Topic  RE: WF Maintain -- Support for BLOB data? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JG
procedures.This is based on a simple table having two columns(use varbinary(max)for the blob as the ... , [BLOB] [varbinary](max) NULLStored procedure to load blobs, it requires that you have the correct ... ''' + @FileName + ''', SINGLE_BLOB) as f;'EXEC sp_executesql @SqlStatement UPDATE dbo.BLOBSSET BLOB = (SELECT...

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] BLOB Directory WF 7.6.11 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JACQUETL
hi,on WF 767 i know tempory Blob file are stored in ibi\srv76\wfs\img_dir\ directory.Can anyone knows is it possible in WF 7611 to automaticaly delete this directory ? a SET paramater ? Or is it possible to change the directory ? on edaserve.cfg ?Thanks...

Discussion Topic  Extract .jpg from a BLOB column in DB2 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Richie
We are using WebFocus running on ZOS mainframe. I am looking for a solution for extracting a .jpg from a BLOB column to a temporary file to display on my report . We are using the Report Painter tool.Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!ThanksRichard...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED WITHOUT RESOLUTION] App Studio 8.1.04 - Edit in external text editor (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Wep5622
It is only a matter of time until someone figures a method of extracting the HTML file from the BLOB in the Content area, edit it with their favourite editor and update the BLOB with the modified file.Now if only the generated HTML would have decent code style... But, there are tools for that too!...

Discussion Topic  RE: Bringing Back IMAGE or PDF from FOCCACHE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Efrem
One additional thing. The Image comes from a Blob which automatically goes into FOCCACHE.so, I have no choice but to access the images from there....

Discussion Topic  RE: Report Caster and Repository tables (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by TexasStingray
In short, Report Library stores object (Reports) as a blob. If you are using only Report Caster and not library the FOCUS database option will be available!...

Discussion Topic  RE: reading blobs from oracle db ?? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by susannah
yep, T, my search coughed brought that up, but i have no clue how to write a java application to unblob a blob..beyond me....

Discussion Topic  RE: How to handle CLOBs with WF713 or later (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by mgrackin
Frank,I pulled up the WF76 SNF and did a word search for CLOB and BLOB. It did not find either of them.I will dig more on Monday....

Discussion Topic  How to read BLOB datatype? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Chaitra
Hi All,When i query table which contains BLOB datatype i get garbage value.for ex: in table the value is "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Blob@6c4edccd", but in WebFocus query output i get "2008-10-28-22-43-37t065733s000001bin". Any idea how to read or fetch BLOB datatype value?I have a report in which one...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Searching Fex's in web Focus 8 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by CLH
Hi running I tested the select statement, provided by ABT in webfocus 8. It returns the fex that is stored in the BLOB. And it is in a readable format. Crystal...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Searching Fex's in web Focus 8 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ABT
My guess is BLOB for storage too based on the character limits on character fields (even Memo and ... surprising that it would be extended to FEX contents.I think there are ways to deconstruct the blob (MySQL Query tool, for instance, has a right click 'Show Blob Contents as Plain Text' function. Not sure...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] DataMigrator and BLOBs? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Doug
Thanks Clif,The only way I get that BLOB to to destination is to do a transformation to ''. Would a transformation to itself work? I will try that ASAP, but that may not be today....

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] FOC1406 - SQL Open cursor error when using a BLOB field (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Hallway
Can you share your code on the table request?More info here: Syntax: How to Add an Image From a BLOB Field...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] DataMigrator ETL without the 'T' (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Doug
Thanks Wep5622,There are indexes on the primary fields with the BLOB being column 123 of 185. We can for now, deal with the slowness and will address that at a later date ....

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Blob images (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Srinivasan_Munuswamy
Hi ,I tried saving the blob field. but am not getting the image but only the text of the jpg is coming in. Can you help what should I need to do for getting the blob images from oracle. Appreciate if any one can help me in this. FILEDEF PHOTO DISK /home/webfocus/ibi/apps/ifnw/PHOTO.FTMTABLE FILE PI...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] PDF Image error (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Sim Na
when I apply the output format as PDF, I am getting error like " img src="r.jpg"" . DEFINE FILE CAR R_Dot/BLOB='img src="r.jpg"'; G_Dot/BLOB='img src="g.jpg"'; My_Dot/BLOB=IF RETAIL_COST GE 8000 THEN G_Dot ELSE R_Dot; END TABLE FILE CAR PRINT COUNTRY CAR RETAIL_COST DEALER_COST My_Dot ON TABLE...

Discussion Topic  [Technique] Question: How to Render PDF Stored within an Oracle BLOB Field? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by David Briars
Oracle BLOB fields. In my Oracle BLOB field I have a PDF document stored. I couldn't find any ... has any suggestions.My basic requirement is to have the PDF (contents of the BLOB column) available ... mind around how to pull the Oracle BLOB contents (the column for one given row) into my WF web...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]Reading Binary Data (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by BabakNYC
for BLOB in http://infocenter.informationb...om/wf81rel/index.jspHow to Add an Image From a BLOB ... support the Binary Large Object (BLOB) data type (Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, Informix, and PostgreSQL using its BYTEA data type), an image can be stored in a BLOB field in the data source...

» Refine Search
» New Search