Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (154 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Reading Teradata BLOB field (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dksib
I have multiple fields that I am trying to read that has this format, inside these fields are compre......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Image stored in a BLOB field on MSSQL server (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Alek_
Thanks Kerry, I have resolved it by executing a Java application from WebFOCUS procedure which converts a BLOB binary field into an image file on the disk. Then I use a path to the image in my PDF report....

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] FIELDTYPE=R (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by AK_Guy
Has anyone seen this fieldtype before? I have it on a SQLMSS table. It is an interesting table. It has field with a BLOB data type and a number of fields with TX as a data type.What a pain....

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Searching Fex's in web Focus 8 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
Frank, if the fexes are stored in a "blob" data type and not in a file in a directory, we may not be able to do the cross reference searches we need to do.The "whatever" in "the thing that ate Cincinnati, Cleveland, or whatever" may now be "MRE"....

Discussion Topic  RE: [WORKAROUND] Displaying BLOB in SUBHEAD does not work in MRE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Håkan
I found a workaround. Still displaying the BLOB on every single line, but if is_image_present = 0 I resize the image to the smallest possible size. That way it fitted the height of every line....

Discussion Topic  RE: JPEG to PDF (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
quote:directly download the JPEG file from the BLOB field in the DBWhat is the size of the image file?Is the image shown more than once in the PDF? Could that be a factor in the size of the PDF file?...

Discussion Topic  RE: JPEG to PDF (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
anything about blobs, but I'm pretty sure that a blob has to be decompressed for any program to open it. I'm certain that even Adobe PhotoShop cannot open a compressed blob file....

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] .jpeg as a data element (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
First, please correct your typos - this will help in future searches; "jpog", "jps".Second, if you search for 'jpeg blob' you will get a couple of results that may help.Cheers,...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] .jpeg as a data element (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by J
Unless you do some work behind the scenes, blob images will only work in pdf format in 7.7.03 (I don't know about your version). I read somewhere that html format now supports blob images in 8. This type of program isn't two hard, you just need to compute rownbr (by field), colnbr(across field...

Discussion Topic  RE: [Technique] Question: How to Render PDF Stored within an Oracle BLOB Field? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by David Briars
That is great that you developed a tomcat servlet to retrieve the BLOB formatted data. (For various reasons, we wouldn't be able to do this at our site.) Thank you Eric and Wep for your thoughts and comments....

Discussion Topic  RE: [Technique] Question: How to Render PDF Stored within an Oracle BLOB Field? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by eric.woerle
I don't have any good suggestions for you, and I can't think of any style sheet commands that would make a file accessible from a blob.... The best that I can think of, is if you could some how extract the PDF from the blob and save it to the server. then you could put a direct call to the file...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] SQL to search AND REPLACE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
There is SQL blob search capability. A very rudimentary example was provided by Information Builders, and slightly improved by yours truly. [SHARING] Search for string in Repository object code I don't think it can be adapted to update the blobs....

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Problem with how to about PDF and blob (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FP Mod Chuck
dr.herojos I found this technique and it does not mention any special settings but I would suggest ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Extract .jpg from a BLOB column in DB2 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Srinivasan_Munuswamy
Hi Hammoj,I tried saving the blob field. but am not getting the image but only the text of the jpg is coming in. Can you help what should I need to do for getting the blob images from oracle. Appreciate if any one can help me in this. FILEDEF PHOTO DISK /home/webfocus/ibi/apps/ifnw/PHOTO.FTM...

Discussion Topic  Retrieving PDF files from MS SQL BLOB (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Dan Pinault
Hi all,I'm looking for some information on how to retrieve PDF files from a MS SQL BLOB field. I am able to use WebFOCUS to query the table and retrieve the 'string' (not sure if that's the right term) from the records but I don't know how to turn that into a hyperlink that will open the document...

Discussion Topic  RE: [Solved] Display Embedded Thumbnails in 8202 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Dan Brooke
Tony A, your solution worked! This is a very elegant approach considering you use IBI's built in BLOB-rendering functions (instead of trying to do it in the fex) and also no need to join to the WF ... -base64 encoded BLOB fileThank you all for the help!I'll update the thread subject to "solved"...

Discussion Topic  RE: [no solution]WEBFOCUS can't get "FOR XML" out put from SQL Server? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by BabakNYC
FILE SQLOUTPRINT *ENDHowever, the output is a single BLOB column with content I can't decipher. The ... PRINT of a BLOB column may be the reason why I get these...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Execute a Library Report within a FEX (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Ublguy
.quote:you could extract the blob from the report library db into the a alpha hold file (in WF TEMPDIR) and then just include it usingThat is a very interesting idea. Any idea how to extract the BLOB from...

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] FOC1406 - SQL Open cursor error when using a BLOB field (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Siva1925
Hi, I have a master file created for a table which has an image column(Data type : BLOB).When I try to see the sample data for the master file i get the below error.If I sample data for other columns it works good.The same happens in the procedure as well.Error : (FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -1 (HEX...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]WF 8.1x and Oracle repositories (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MartinY
(BLOB) when using WF8.So depending where you have your .mas defined in WF7 (EDASERVE or MRE) this is ... which are kept as text files) - WF8 Content (BLOB tables) ...

» Refine Search
» New Search