Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (154 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: Retrieving PDF files from MS SQL BLOB (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dhagen
Example of jsp to retrieve pdf from a Blob. You would have to change the specifics for MS Sql, and ... botldata b where reportid = ?"; Blob blob = null; try { conn ... (1, _rptId); rs = pstmt.executeQuery(); rs.next(); blob...
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Problem with how to about PDF and blob (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dr.herojos
Hi, I try to implement this how to, Displaying PDF BLOB Data From Within a WebFOCUS Web Application but I receive an error when I run the fex that get the BLOB from database. I have debugged the fex ... there are some setting to using blob in reporting server?...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] DataMigrator and BLOBs? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Clif
Support for BLOBs are documented in the DMUG:BLOB. Represents a Binary Large Object. A BLOB is used ... BLOB can only be copied from source to target. No transformationscan be performed.-------------Note ... addressing BLOB support I would recommend using the current gen....

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] DataMigrator and BLOBs? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Doug
What's up with BLOBs? DM errors out when processing them.Fortunately, for now, we only have one BLOB and it's nulls, so we're setting it to '' (double-single-quotes) and that's working. We will use that to store an image of the particular item and will need it then.Thanks in Advance,Doug...

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] MSODBC BLOB read/load (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Avatar
connections. Synonym was created automaticaly by iWay with varbinary fields as BLOB datatype in the ... to varbinary implicitly (ODBC errro).Any idea on how to load BLOB fields using ODBC? Thank you,...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Remove Order and Group by Clause Generated by IBI from SQL (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Frans
Writing into holdfiles is quite fast. But keep in that using PRINT instead of SUM can result in a lot more data. SUM aggregates the data on a BY field.How many rows are you writing with PRINT? Do you have some BLOB or big character fields in your result?...

Discussion Topic  RE: WF Maintain -- Support for BLOB data? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Dave Ayers
JG,You could EXEC a .fex from maintain, and run the stored procedure from it, but you can't pass the BLOB between these procedures, through you could pass a location.I think there is a way to run SQL directly from Maintain, but the syntax escapes me at the moment......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] FOCEXEC USING POST METHOD (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by vaayu
I understand this is an old thread but, I have a similar requirement where I COMPUTE a URL to call an external application (http://servername/some.aspx?parms=BlobField) with a BLOB or varcharMAX which will break the browser limit. Any ideas on how to get this function working for URL call?We're...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Blob images (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JG
You can store and retrieve blobs in most systems using SQL PASSTHRU via a stored procedure.Alternativly an external Java call can usually do the same.What you cannot do is retrieve a blob directly in a table request, Compute or Define....

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Reading Teradata BLOB field (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Dan Pinault
dksib,We do it with PDF documents stored in MS SQL BLOB format using the technique described here... http://www.informationbuilders...r/9-4/01_potter.htmlI believe there is supposed to be a part 2 to the article but I haven't seen it in the newsletter yet.Regards,Dan...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Does WF read .max files? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Darin Lee
How would you expect WebFOCUS to read a scanned drawing? It can only read data files. The only way you'll get that is to convert the image into a format that can be stored in a BLOB field, but you'll still need to have a database somewhere....

Discussion Topic  RE: [Technique] Question: How to Render PDF Stored within an Oracle BLOB Field? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Wep5622
Our solution was to write a tomcat servlet to retrieve those BLOB's. That way you can drilldown to them using an URL-reference in your report with the necessary BLOB-id's automatically substituted.It would be nice if IBI provided something like that though....

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED].FEX Repository Location (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
The procedures are "blobs" in the database table - if you see a list of procedures in the table, the code should be in the blobs. The only easy way to view the code is to use App Studio or Dev Studio. Some people may know how to decode the blob but I don't know that kind of stuff....

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]How to Read BLOB Field in Webfocus Report (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Tony A
quote:Already I had tried enough in forumYou should have tried the search function - as per the image - you would then get 7 pages of posts where blob was mentioned - linkI had a look at one or two, on the first page, that might be if use to you. So with 7 pages of posts there may be others.T...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Execute a Library Report within a FEX (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by linnex
test table containing a blob column called bdata (one row only)WebFOCUS code:ENGINE SQLORA SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION MyDB SQL SQLORA select btoc(bdata) "mytext" from TEST_BLOB_LOAD; TABLE FILE SQLOUT ... ; -HTMLFORM END You also require the conversion function from BLOB to CLOB (I called BTOC):found here...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Execute a Library Report within a FEX (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by linnex
Hi Nick,at what point do you currently stuck.Is it the actual selection of a blob or the problem of getting a join / select etc. inside the RCaster databases.Could you also tell us on which platform you wfocus database runs on. Ora, MS-Sql?Hopefully, we can find a solution then.Linne...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]Reading Binary Data (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by BabakNYC
What's the DBMS? Could you show us the DDL for the table in the database and show us the FIELDNAME= line for this particular BLOB field in the table's master file? I'm not sure if you can just PRINT a binary large object in a TABLE request....

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED]Reading Binary Data (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by RaviD
All,We have a blob column in the table where storing large volume of data in a binary format. Now I have to read that data and present in web focus report.Can anyone suggest me how to read and convert that data into regular readable format?Any help will be appreciatedThanks!...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]Searching and filtering for reports in Report Library (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Tamra
Jason EAs far as a Magnify search within Report Caster you probably can not, since the reports in Report Library are stored as BLOB (Binary Large Object) fields, so they will not be readable by the Magnify Application.Thank you for participating in the Focal Point Forum.Kindest regards,Tamra...

Discussion Topic  RE: FOC1426 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Håkan
Jack and Tony, good ideas, but none of them helped. We had to stick to 1 BLOB. I suppose you could make something clever reading the SQL table once again and then create another url in the report, but imagine the performance........Hkan...

» Refine Search
» New Search