Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (154 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] PDF Drilldown (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by J
My solution was to use htmlform having blob images as a pdf frame with the report as html for better drilldown functionality. I could have used pdf, but the drilldowns open in the default browser causing the users to signon again (if different than the current). The servlet is a good idea, maybe...
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] NODATA is ignored or doesn't apply to TX fields (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by David Briars
The issue might be that the missing comparison cannot be translated into a NULL test, for TX (BLOB?) fields. If so, you might want to try, creating a DEFINE field, and testing on it: NOTETXT/A8000 = MEMO; TESTER/A1 = IF NOTETXT IS MISSING THEN '1' ELSE '0';...

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] WF8204 Field Size (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Tim P.
Does anyone know the max field size in WF now? I searched the forums for a bit and found a couple of older posts but nothing really new.Does WF have a concept of BLOB or CLOB fields? or does everything it see's in that category just get translated to AXX format?Thanks!...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Systematically search the Content Repository (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
And, the original code uncovered a secret in WF v8.0.08 - a blob is added to the table every time you save a resource, and I save often, so, for some resources I might have 50 versions saved in the table. This tremendously slows down opening folders where lots of saving has occurred....

Discussion Topic  RE: Report Library (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Darin Lee
object in a BLOB field (thus the need for a relational DBMS.) That's why FOCUS can't be the repository ... display the BLOB field.)...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Image stored in a BLOB field on MSSQL server (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by David Briars
quote:...requirement to read an Image out of BLOB/IMAGE field from sql server...Here is an example running against the Microsoft SQL Server AdventureWorks2014 sample db: TABLE FILE PRODUCTPHOTO ... 76 -************************** -* Lines between asterisk lines required for BLOB image support -* for HTML and DHTML formats...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Image stored in a BLOB field on MSSQL server (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by vaayu
Thank you David. This helps a lot!quote:TABLE FILE PRODUCTPHOTO"Product Photos"PRINT PRODUCTPHOTOID LARGEPHOTOWHERE PRODUCTPHOTOID EQ 76-**************************-* Lines between asterisk lines required for BLOB image support-* for HTML and DHTML formats.ON TABLE SET HTMLEMBEDIMG AUTOON TABLE SET...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Image stored in a BLOB field on MSSQL server (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by vaayu
Alek,I have a very similar requirement to read an Image out of BLOB/IMAGE field from sql server using an ID. Is this the preferred way to read/display the image ? I'm wondering if there's a way to not save but display it in HTM page so we can avoid the multiple images in the app folder, specially...

Discussion Topic  RE: [no solution]WEBFOCUS can't get "FOR XML" out put from SQL Server? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by bug
[dbo].[Orders]FOR XML AUTOENDTABLE FILE SQLOUTPRINT *ENDHowever, the output is a single BLOB column ... returns data I don't recognize. But PRINT of a BLOB column may be the reason why I get...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]How to Read BLOB Field in Webfocus Report (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by pradeep88
TonyAlready I had tried enough in forum. This is what I get, https://www.informationbuilder...ocus-web-application But what we really need is to get all binary format blob in single page PDF.For ... on Application side rather than saving that BLOB field in FOCCACHE Server and retrieve from there....

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Searching Fex's in web Focus 8 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ABT
This works with SQL Server (ReportCaster.BOTLDATA.REPORT):Since the payload 'decompiles' to PDF which is gibberish when viewed as plain text, perhaps someone can test this on a blob field with plain ... MySQL with a text based blob field):select LastModifyTime, CONVERT(LastModifyTime USING utf8) FROM boe...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] DataMigrator ETL without the 'T' (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Frans
I suspect that because of the BLOB, it does inserts and updates one by one.I would first check if you can use Change Data Capture on SQL Server. Then your process is only processing new and changed ... would convert the blob to varchar and store it as varchar in the target system. That should be fast....

Discussion Topic  RE: Retrieving PDF files from MS SQL BLOB (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dhagen
; String query = "SELECT PDF FROM [ourtablename] b where ProfileID = ?"; Blob blob = null ... (); blob = rs.getBlob("PDF"); // retrieve the blob stored as column PDF. } catch ... (); conn.close(); } if (blob != null) return blob.getBytes((long...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Insert Excel table request output into Oracle table BLOB (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JG
Based on this simple table CREATE TABLE blobtable_BLOB ( ATTACHMENT_ID NUMBER, ATTACHMENT_NAME VARCHAR2(255 BYTE), ATTACHMENT BLOB ); Create a package in oracle CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE blobload AS PROCEDURE blob_BLOB_LOAD( PATTACHMENT_ID IN NUMBER, PATTACHMENT_NAME...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Reading Teradata BLOB field (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Dan Pinault
Perhaps my inexperience will show here but I think the solution is simpler than needing to create and call a stored procedure. In our case (MS SQL table with PDF documents stored in BLOB) the act of querying the BLOB field extracts the binary object and places it in the folder C:\ibi\srv76\wfs\img...

Discussion Topic  RE: Extract .jpg from a BLOB column in DB2 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by hammo1j
There is this on the forum.https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...1057331/m/6331020932A quick and dirty method would be to first of all define a BLOB in wf as ACTUAL and USAGE of ... has trailing blanks that the JPEG viewer may disagree with.2. The convert jpeg to BLOB routine and...

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] SQL Passthru and multiple BLOB retrieval (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Theresa
I am trying to display a report that is pulling multiple images that are saved as blob's in an Oracle database. I can do it using FOCUS joins, but I also get some duplicate rows. I haven't been able ... to display the pictures on the report. When I put the blob field in my SQL, I get an error and the...

Discussion Topic  RE: [Technique] Question: How to Render PDF Stored within an Oracle BLOB Field? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Wep5622
That's possibly a bit easier than writing a Java servlet :PInteresting that a TABLE FILE on a BLOB field downloads the BLOB to the FOCCACHE while it displays the file-name! I did not expect that. Good to know.Now, your solution still won't work for our specific case (although it comes pretty darn...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CASE-OPENED] FEX Search tool (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by WF_IL
: the following stored procedure in Oracle which transforms the BLOB to CLOB and inserts it in a new table. Then its easier to query the CLOB field DECLARE V_CLOB CLOB; V_BLOB BLOB; V_OBJ_HANDLE ... .GETLENGTH(I.BCONTENT) INTO V_BLOB, V_LEN FROM DUAL; V_ROWNUM := 1; --DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(I.OBJ_HANDLE...

Discussion Topic  How to Display the Image Field in HTML Report (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Surenther
HaiI want to include the image which is stored in the SQL SERVER 2000 in my report. In the Synonym I have found that the image is in BLOB format .If I print that particular image field in my report it shows only the binary values. How can I include the images in the report?I used the LOGO field...

» Refine Search
» New Search