Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (154 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: [WORKAROUND] Report caster procedure application (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Darin Lee
Sounds like something very useful! Since I've set up almost all of our 100 or so jobs, I know what they all do, but if that job ever gets passed on, who knows? (Documentation? What's that?) This might be a good idea for an NFR - maybe add a large text or BLOB field to those RC tables to allow for a...
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  [Solved] Display Embedded Thumbnails in 8202 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Dan Brooke
in 8202.The image appears to be stored as a BLOB in WF_OBJPROPSEX. We use a Postgres DB for the repository so BLOBs are supported fine.This help doc walks through how to display a BLOB in a fex ... )! -* Display BLOB image in HTML report TABLE FILE WF_OBJPROPSEX PRINT PROPERTY PROPVALUE AS...

Discussion Topic  [WORK-AROUND]PDF File Size (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Anatess
Hi all,I am creating a PDF file with images from a blob oracle field.I have FILECOMPRESS = ON and the resulting pdf file is over 300MB with 22 images. This file size is too much!The interesting thing is, when we open the file then do a Save As... the resulting file is only 7MB!So, how do I create...

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Embed images in HTML (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Scott Gossett
way to do this? A lot of mention of BLOB files, but are they limited to GIF and JPEG? Were there any...

Discussion Topic  RE: [TECHNIQUE] HTML report with BLOB images (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Wep5622
Interesting approach.My Oracle foo is a bit stale, but for cutting up that BLOB into multiple base64-encoded lines I think you can omit that stored procedure and use a recursive query instead.Here's ... .GetLength(blobSource)) -2700) )) AS line FROM tmp_blob_test WHERE filename = &CAR...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Searching Fex's in web Focus 8 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ABT
I verified that my Oracle SQL Developer tool, when reading ReportCaster's BOTLDATA.REPORT field has a 'View Data as Text or Image' option from the Single Record View function. RCASTER RDBMS is SQL Server in our case and REPORT shows as BLOB/IMAGE in the DDL viewer.My previous statements aren't an...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Searching Fex's in web Focus 8 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Wep5622
quote:My guess is BLOB for storage too based on the character limits on character fields (even Memo and other large fields).Some databases, most notably MySQL, do indeed have strict limits on the ... search functions. After all, a BLOB could just as well contain a JPEG image or some other binary data...

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] .jpeg as a data element (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Al_C
I work at a community college and have been asked to include student photos on class rosters.I was considering importing the jpg's into an oracle blob field and the displayiing the photo along with the student's name address.....has anyone tried something like this? is there a data type that will...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] PDF Drilldown (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by J
Nevermind, the pdf viewer toolbars clutter up the frame for users that have readers like foxit..I have pdf drilldowns in this compound image/detail pdf report. The BLOB images have to be pdfs in order to work. PDF drilldowns not in adobe open in the users default browser, not the current one (which...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] PDF Drilldown (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by J
I posted too many times, but here I am trying to do. Instead of having the BLOB image as a frame, I kept the pdf report the same size (just having a picture in the top left corner with blank space ... way I can use BLOB in pdf and still have all the same functionality as html. Of course if the user...

Discussion Topic  RE: TEXT fields (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Simon Terr
Melinda, unfortunately this does not help. Nevertheless, thank you! I was referring to a field of type TEXT, similar to BLOB but it holds text data upto 2Gb. We're storing documents in this TEXT field and I'm trying to retrieve them into a hold file and parse the hold file. Unfortunately, I've been...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] HELP with -READ (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by globalwm
=REPORT, TOPGAP=0.015, while the raw table data is displayed in one "blob" on the screen......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CASE-OPENED] FEX Search tool (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by njsden
enough to see what it looks like. BLOB fields can store just about "anything" and given that MRE allows to manage binary objects (such as images) I think that using BLOB's probably made sense to IBI...

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Problem with BLOB (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Håkan
I have a problem displaying a BLOB from a view in MSSQL 2005. Running the same query against one of ... , USAGE=A38, ACTUAL=A38, FIELDTYPE=R, $ FIELDNAME=IMAGE_DATA, ALIAS=image_data, USAGE=BLOB, ACTUAL=BLOB ... , $ FIELDNAME=IMAGE_DATA, ALIAS=image_data, USAGE=BLOB, ACTUAL=BLOB, FIELDTYPE=R, $This is the trace...

Discussion Topic  Convert 4k long Hexidecimal string to legible text (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Norb Eckert
Hi All,We have users entering text information into an attachment field of a sales order. The data is then stored in a BLOB field with RTF tags. I want to get this text and use it in a report. What I've done (and I'm not saying this is good) is to read the BLOB field into a A4096V field. It appears...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]Reading Binary Data (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by RaviD
_SIZE, USAGE=A40V, ACTUAL=A40V, $ FIELDNAME=FILE_CONTENT, ALIAS=FILE_CONTENT, USAGE=BLOB, ACTUAL=BLOB...

Discussion Topic  [WORKAROUND] Displaying BLOB in SUBHEAD does not work in MRE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Håkan
Allwe've got a problem with SQL Server BLOBs in SUBHEADs when outputting to PDF.It works fine when displaying the BLOB in a PRINT statement, but that way the report gets very long since an image displays on every line, even thourg there is a "real" picture in say 10% of the rows.SQL SQLMSS PREPARE...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] InfoAssist GUI tool (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by BrankoP
This is how far I've got to searching inside the repository. Now need a way to update the BLOB field:SELECT DISTINCT T2.PRT_PATH , T2.OBJNAME , T2.OBJTYPE , T2.CLASSNAME , T2.CREATEDBY , TO_CHAR(T ... 2.DEF_LNG = T4.WF_LNGWHERE INSTR (T1.BCONTENT, CAST('search string' AS BLOB), 1, 1) 0AND T2.PRT_PATH...

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Dynamic image files in row data (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by redapple
Report." My needs closely match the example about using a BLOB field in a Report column. I differ...

Discussion Topic  RE: Retrieving PDF files from MS SQL BLOB (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Dan Pinault
dhagen,Thanks for this example code! I will see if I can figure out how to adopt it to our database and table structure. I do have a couple of questions...In our SQL table, 'PDF' is the name of the BLOB field and 'ProfileID' is the unique ID assigned to that record. In your query string you have...

» Refine Search
» New Search