Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (154 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Link Image to a dynamic URL (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Tamra
is to use a BLOB field in a data table such as MSSSQL or Oracle. This is supported in WebFOCUS 769 as...
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: [Solved] Display Embedded Thumbnails in 8202 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Frans
=IMG,IMAGE=(IMG),$ENDSTYLEEND Check what is in your BLOB (base64 encoded?)...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Searching Fex's in web Focus 8 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by CLH
Hi, I need to dig more into the tables but it looks like they fex is stored in a blob and that there are multiple tables that contain information about them. Not sure yet on how the tables would join together to pull a specific report. There is a change management tool in 8 that will allow you...

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] PDF Drilldown (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by J
I have a pdf report displaying a single image that works fine.I don't always want to use pdf output for this image field for various reasons. I am trying to change the report to html but the image does not show up. The image format is BLOB (.jpg behind the scenes).Here is my dumbed-down code...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] PDF Drilldown (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Wep5622
Indeed, BLOB images are not supported in HTML format. It doesn't make sense, but that's how it is.We worked around that by writing a servlet in the application server (tomcat in our case) that handles URL requests for those BLOB images based on some unique identifier. In our reports we generate an...

Discussion Topic  JPEG to PDF (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Valdur
Hello Focal Point,we have problems with JPEG Files from a DB in a PDF Report. The Files in the DB are compressed in a BLOB Field. They are shown correctly in the PDF Report but the size of the PDF File shows the size of the uncompressed JPEG File.We would actually expect from WebFOCUS that it...

Discussion Topic  RE: JPEG to PDF (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Valdur
from the BLOB field in the DB even the windows photo viewer can show it.Thanks and Regards...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]CLOB with Rich Text Format (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by stur0063
I was not able to figure this out in webFOCUS - so I got a little creative.I created a frame in my webFOCUS HTML page. I then used some JavaScript to populate the frame. The JavaScript calls some .NET code I wrote that takes the keys needed to pull the clob/blob (data looks just likes your example...

Discussion Topic  RE: MAINTAIN not working (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Maintain Wizard
There may be more than one thing going on here. The first is in the error messages. What kind of fields are in your Master? Does it contain a BLOB? There is support for CLOBs in Maintain, but I do no think BLOBs. This may be the problem.As for deployment, try this. In the Desktop (Developers Studio...

Discussion Topic  MAINTAIN not working (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Karanth
/EDASERVE/APPPATH/firstproj/mainprocedure.mnt': (FOC03604) BLOB IS NOT A VALID FORMAT. Error in 'IBFS...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] SQL to search AND REPLACE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Shingles
quote:Originally posted by Francis Mariani:There is SQL blob search capability. A very rudimentary example was provided by Information Builders, and slightly improved by yours truly. [SHARING] Search for string in Repository object codeI don't think it can be adapted to update the blobs.Thanks...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Converting .txt to .pdf (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by RyanIPG13
Hello everyone,Raising this thread from the dead, from 10 years ago because I'm now in the situation of the OP and the solution that Waz posted does not work.We have a situation where we are unable to use a varbinary(max) / BLOB field to write out to a PDF and must find a way to use the text...

Discussion Topic  Call a JSP from a focexec with parameters without any authentication (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Frenz
Hi1) My issue is the following: I am unable to run a report from BOTLDATA using the field REPORT which is a BLOB field. = Is it possible using WebFOCUS to create a focexec to read and correctly display the content of this field ?2) As a workaround, I have tried to execute getreport.jsp from a...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] In Report Library. posting a .mht to .xls and .xls to reportlibrary. (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JG
As Darin suggests the best solution is to make it available via the network or via a URL.To manually insert reports is not an easy task and requires writing to 3 tables withunique keys and timestamps and inserting a BLOB image into one of the tables. (I've posted previously how to insert BLOBs but...

Discussion Topic  (FOC269) EQUALITY SCREENING TESTS MUST BE PROVIDED IN AN INDEXED VIEW (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Tomsweb
I have coded a table request like this:TABLE FILE MGAFOCUS.BPCO HEADING CENTER "/1 LIST ALL PCOS IN DATABASE /1" " " SUM BPCO BY BPCO NOPRINT IF BPCO NE ' ' END -RUN -EXITThe MFD looks like this:FILENAME=MGAFOCUS, SUFFIX=FOC, FDFC=19, FYRT=70 SEGNAME=ROOT, SEGTYPE=S4 FIELDNAME=BLOB, LINEOFBUSS, A...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED]XLSX output is "corrupt" (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by j.gross
Further food for thought.We're dealing with Managed Reporting here, so the fex resides as a blob in the Content repository and has to be uploaded to WFRS at execution time.My impression is that all the -INCLUDE's are uploaded by including a series of EX -LINES blocks as a preface in the execution...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Published status in WebFOCUS Repository (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
I think this is a properly constructed SQL statement to retrieve information regarding Repository objects. I created two fexes, one Published and one not. I do not see the Published attribute appearing in the result set. Incidentally, the SQL reveals that multiple versions of the BLOB are saved for...

Discussion Topic  RE: Encapsolate test in a "PRE" tag? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Dan Morphis
ALLOWEDThe LONG type in oracle is a blob. I've tried doing some transformations on the data, but...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] URL Images not displaying in PDF reports (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by selva ganapathy
Francis,As of my understanding,In the link you provided has the 2 methods:1) how to embed image from URL into HEADING/FOOTING of report.TYPE={REPORT|heading}, IMAGE={url|file|(column)} [,BY=byfield][,POSITION=([+|-]x [+|-]y )] [,SIZE=(w h)] [,PRESERVERATIO={ON|OFF}],$2) how to embed BLOB image...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Blob images (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JG
_INTEGER := 32767; l_pos INTEGER := 1; l_blob BLOB; l_blob_len INTEGER; BEGIN-- Get LOB locator SELECT THEBLOB INTO l_blob FROM your_table WHERE ID = IDNO; l_blob_len := DBMS_LOB.getlength(l_blob); -- Open the destination file. l_file := UTL_FILE.fopen('BLOB_FILE',OUTFILE,'w', 32767); -- Read chunks of...

» Refine Search
» New Search