Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Go
Search
Tools
 Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED]possible for webFOCUS or Iway to AUTO create synonyms and sent alert ? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by nox
Hi, I was wandering is there a way using batch or fex to auto generate Synonyms? And if there is an......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] problem with dropdown not loading correctly (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Bobby G Rogers
We have a chained dropbox that is supposed to load a selected item and all items following in alphab......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Hyperlink URL (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by evan.brown
Here is my code: ......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] This XML file does not appear to have any style info associated with it. (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by wlwright1
We're in the process of migrating from 8104 to 8207 and when I go into the legacy portal and run a r......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Generating No Data for a Coordinated Compound PDF Report (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by AMC2
I am trying to generate a No Data message for a coordinated compound pdf report that bursts on the h......

Discussion Topic  [SHARING] New Contact Method (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Doug at Kencura
Unfortunately, you can no longer reach me through IBI email, but I'm still available at Doug at Kenc......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Printing/displaying used parameters (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by smOk
Hello WF family, I'm here for an advice. I need to print/display used parameters in the report. At......

Discussion Topic  Fare Thee Well (in Events, Job Postings, Miscellaneous Announcements) by Clif
Today was my last day at Information Builders as the company moves in a new direction. Thanks for ......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > Events, Job Postings, Miscellaneous Announcements

Discussion Topic  [SHARING] Focal Point and MyIBI... (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Doug
It seems that there's some new posts going in here on Focal Point. IMHO, I suggest to use Focal Poi......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] White color inside ring pie chart (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Siva1925
Hi All. I am trying to build a ring pie chart which will be added to a compound report. Th compound ......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] FML Report Layout (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Rao D
Hi All, I never worked on FML but I have a request for a report which i feel like can be done using......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] SPECIAL MISSING CASE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JulieA
Hello FocalPoint Community, I have what I hope is a simple question. I'd like to apply a SET NODA......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Publish fex by default (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jltz83od
Is there a setting that can be enabled to automatically publish procedure files when they are create......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] WEBFOCUS Repository Database logs issue (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Rajesh Singh Negi
Hi Guys, We have our WebFOCUS repository in SQL server somehow the database logs for WebFOCUS repos......

Discussion Topic  [CASE OPENED] Gainsight Analytics Installation in WF Products Feature Feasibility. (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Manish082007
Hello All, I currently doing feature feasibility study in WebFOCUS. I have a one Product Analytics......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] How to stop calls to px-api.ibi.com (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by WFConsultant
When I run a portal having a simple car report, I see that there are several calls to px-api.ibi.com......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Report Caster server all jobs in QUEUE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Rajesh Singh Negi
Hi Guys, We are getting an issue with the report caster server it's like when we restart the server......

Discussion Topic  WF 8.2 Developer Needed Baltimore MD - SSA Federal Government (in Events, Job Postings, Miscellaneous Announcements) by Diana
Looking for a WebFOCUS 8.2.x developer to create portals and reports for Social Security Administrat......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > Events, Job Postings, Miscellaneous Announcements

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] HELP!!! Is there a way to search for a fex name (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by RobertF
We may have deleted a number of fexes...or accidently copied to another folder. Is there a simple wa......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] HTML to PDF Report (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by BI_Developer
Hello I am working on a report and got HTML version to work. I need equivalent in PDF format and ha......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED]To keep only alphabet and remove rest of character(include space) (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by nox
Hi, Let said I have below field value: NO. | Description 1 | help34to**solve proble(m 2 | ho23w yo......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Timestamp to date conversion (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Wep5622
I found an error in the procedure in my post "Reportcaster job activity", in relation with how times......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] WF 8206 App Studio Chart Question (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by RobertF
Pretty Simple I hope....we have trended Bar Charts for Sales by Period. We show bar labels in 'K' Ex......

Discussion Topic  About Report Caster (in Rules, Regulations, and FAQs) by Merin
I am trying to use Report Caster to send a PDF result of the created infographic. The infographic ru......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > Rules, Regulations, and FAQs

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Please help with Search Box Setting (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by RobertF
I have a list box with 200 entries. I added a Search Box. 1) It says 1 thru 50 of 200 in the Search ......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Assign the font face to column values before concatenating define field (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by BI Dev
Hello Everyone, I have created a report which is working well and trying to get the output in PDF f......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] SSAS Cube data not coming correctly. (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Rajesh Singh Negi
Hi Guys, We are migrating from 8009 to 8207 WF. Some of our reports are created from SSAS Cube, we ......

Discussion Topic  Error while adding a new environment (in Rules, Regulations, and FAQs) by Merin
Why I'm getting an error while adding a new dev environment. ( version :8206 ,gen : 07172020 id:8206......

Discussion Topic  Error while adding a new environment (in Rules, Regulations, and FAQs) by Merin
While I'm adding a new environment to app studio (version: 8206 Gen:07172020 ID: 8206.21_08212020 ) ......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Designer - Chaining Controls with sent value, and display value (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Brandon Andrathy
Hello, I keep running into errors when I try to chain Parameters together that use a send value and......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] HTML Tooltip Styling Help (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by BI_Developer
Hello all, I am working on adding custom tooltip to a column in HTML report. Can anyone help me with......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Need to Filter Auto-Prompt Multi-select Parameter (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Brandon Andrathy
Hello, I need to filter down my results that I pull into a multi-select parameter that's being used......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] App Studio - I'd like a search box at top of list box (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by RobertF
I thought I saw this somewhere...can not recall how to turn the Search Box feature on...Help!...

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] align single heading line over columns in excel? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by sh98110
I have the following code- TABLE FILE CAR -* COMPUTE a/A1 = '|'; PRINT CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY ......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Mobile Version of HTML/Dashboards (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jesse82
Hi All, I am new to WebFOCUS developing so please forgive me. I have read the technical documentat......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] HTML page with parameters not working in Chrome and Firefox (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Rao D
Hi All, I have a HTML page with a drop down and 2 iframes. 1st iframe populates the graph and the 2......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Vertical align of subfoot element in pdf report (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by BI Dev
Hello Everyone, I have created a KPI in pdf format using the below code. I got it in the expected f......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Setting Properties for One Series in a Bar-in-Bar Chart (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by AMC2
I have a vertical bar in bar chart that was created as a JSCHART format. I needed to created the sa......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Change series Colors on Chart. (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by getit
We are using the Chord Chart HTML chart extension and not able to change the default colors on the c......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] How can I add an image using html in webfocus (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Merin
How can I add an image using html in webfocus. When I'm working in local host it working.but when I'......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED]How to capture MS SQL Server Stored Procedure output (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rajje
I have a stored procedure that returns a '1' using "SELECT '1'" to signify that it completed success......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Issue with Bursting PDF Compound Report to the Report Library (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by AMC2
I am generating compound PDF reports and bursting in ReportCaster to the Report Library in WebFOCUS ......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Cluster Master file Ignoring Join (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by srajeevan
Hi All, I have this cluster master file where i have few tables joined. I understand that WF ignore......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] REST Webservices throws 403 error (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by WFDevConsultant
Hi, We are started getting these issues after changing the Saml SSO setting from AD to Azure AD. (......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED]why 'function' return '*' as my result? (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by nox
Hi, I have define a Function in Iway Datamigrator as following: ......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] Messages Window (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by evan.brown
I'm working on an html page in my new 8206 environment. When I click my control (button) to launch a......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Display alternative columns in alternative rows for PDF Report (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by BI Dev
Hello Everyone, I am trying to customize a report so that rows of specific columns will be displaye......

Discussion Topic  About CSS for align-center (in Rules, Regulations, and FAQs) by Merin
Im not able to add test-align : center in css at webfocus desiner page ex: .head{ text-align:center......

Discussion Topic  (CLOSED)Unchecked Box Value (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by evan.brown
I have an html page that needs to feed a fex the values selected on the page. I have a check box tha......

Discussion Topic  [solved]Remove line in Data Visualization Bar Graph (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by WFDevConsultant
Hi, We are showing the Visualization Bar Graph next to DATA and it is working well. When the Data i......

» Refine Search
» New Search