Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 115
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (2298 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: A decoded List of customers (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Darin Lee
Dialogue Manager will probably be the only way to go for this one. We use Franks's technique in some......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: Report Caster running when it shouldn't be (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Darin Lee
Prarie is correct - annoying as it is, it is standard behavior. Haven't quite been able to figure ou......

Discussion Topic  RE: column headings (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Darin Lee
We use Frank's suggestion frequently - kind of gives you a "Cover Page" with relevant information, b......

Discussion Topic  RE: Print MRE Query Text Using Report Caster (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Darin Lee
If you turn on the echo (-SET &ECHO=ALL; ) the query statements are echoed back into the log....

Discussion Topic  RE: LIKE IN WHERE STATEMENT (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Darin Lee
works for DB2 as well. That's why I think there's something more than meets the eye. Also - when I s......

Discussion Topic  RE: LIKE IN WHERE STATEMENT (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Darin Lee
There's got to be something else going on here. In my example, I set &SNAM and it's not using quotes......

However, a selection on a defined field is not passed in the SQL to the DBMS. Here's what we do. On ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Custom static list box values (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Darin Lee
There isn't really a way to pass multiple values in a single value the way you're thinking. Here are......

Discussion Topic  RE: Display dynamic date value in html prompt (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Darin Lee
So am I - that's why I didn't post any code. ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Display dynamic date value in html prompt (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Darin Lee
Couple of options: you can use a -HTMLFORM BEGIN/END in a fex (with your HTML page code in between a......

Discussion Topic  RE: Convert '385649' into a date? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Darin Lee
Sorry Frank - must have been standing on my head when I did that one. it would be 950 AD. not 950 BC......

Discussion Topic  RE: Convert '385649' into a date? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Darin Lee
That assumes that 346385 is actually a count of days, which may be correct. That puts the base date ......

It's pretty important that you know what the date actually is and how it's produced. There are oodle......

Discussion Topic  RE: Using an IF in a SET (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Darin Lee
use EQ and NE instead of = and !=. -SET &VARB = IF &VARA EQ ' ' THEN '' ELSE ' and some junk &VARA......

Discussion Topic  RE: Prompt based on a distinct subset of the data source (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Darin Lee
Here's the exact reference in the docs that talks about how to create the fex. Under Developing Rep......

Discussion Topic  RE: Prompt based on a distinct subset of the data source (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Darin Lee
In kindergarten, I learned that when you ask for people's help, you should at least try their sugges......

The method that gives you the most flexibility is to create a procedure that gives you the values yo......

Discussion Topic  RE: define field with apostrophe? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Darin Lee

Discussion Topic  RE: Upgrade to 7.1.4 issue (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Darin Lee
I would have to go back through my notes, but there were also a couple other server issues (probably......

Discussion Topic  RE: reportcaster printing (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Darin Lee
We actually have the output format as an &variable. If it is run normally it uses a default value of......

» Refine Search
» New Search