Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 49
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (975 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Fixed length records in text file (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
vaidyasundar, you do not seem to understand what I am saying. To use the -WRITE command you will ne......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Fixed length records in text file (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
While you don't want to use TABLE/TABLEF you might consider using them with a MACGYVER file. Here's ......

vaidyasundar, my solution will work just fine. Get creative and use some brain cells. The key to m......

See if using the NOCLOSE option on the -WRITE. In the following, I built a SAVE file that is 220 ch......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Developer's block (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
This will return the rows where the vendors are the same, the amounts are the same and the invoice n......

Discussion Topic  RE: When a user bombs out of a report.... (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
If a request is taking so long that a user is killing the browser session, maybe you should try a di......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Burst Reports - Default address possible? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
"...because sometimes the values are blank, and those need to go to someone else." That is the beau......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Difference between SAVE & SAVB (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Difference between SAVE and SAVB is that SAVE stores data in plain text. SAVB stores numeric data i......

Discussion Topic  [CLOSED] General Questions (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Has anyone ever tried using Open Office with WebFOCUS? Does WebFOCUS support Open Office? If not, ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] WebFOCUS 764 and Excel 2010 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
"Also, Excel 2010 does not support Excel Templates created in Excel 2003 and, as far as I know, ther......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CASE-OPENED] Dates in EXL2K - incorrect format (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
I just ran Francis' sample fex. The datetime fields are not in actual excel date/time format, but t......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Input file as excel file as source data (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
JG is correct. There will be a master, even if it is generic. Here's another way to do it. I have......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] cannot create two hold tables in same fex file (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Chan1980. First your fex is missing END statements after the ON TABLE HOLD statements....

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Does WebFocus support Parallel Processing (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
For the WebFOCUS/FOCUS language to support parallel processing, IBI would have to add languane exten......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Multiple Fex files having same hold file name. (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
I see no way of doing this reliably with HOLD files. You can get around the over-writting Master pr......

Discussion Topic  RE: (SOLVED) Using BACKCOLOR within TABHEADING with spot markers (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Thanks Tony. That explains what is happening. Think I'll put in a NFR....

Discussion Topic  (SOLVED) Using BACKCOLOR within TABHEADING with spot markers (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
I have a heading in a spreadsheet that looks something like this ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SHARING] 7.7.02 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
We have always used the following to get the current time in HH:MM format. ......

Discussion Topic  RE: McGyver Technique - Webinar - Thursday, 12/16 @ 11:00 a.m. ET (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
For all of you that are new to FOCUS and WebFOCUS, I highly recommend this Webinar. I still have, a......

Discussion Topic  [SHARING] Issue mirgrating from 7.1.3 to 7.6.11 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
No longer a problem, just sharing some info. I came across this, this morning. I am testing our 7.......

» Refine Search
» New Search