Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (50 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Trailing Spaces When Saving FORMAT ALPHA (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by IBForum
Thanks for the replies. TexasStingray, I am already doing what you suggest to remove the trailing s......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Trailing Spaces When Saving FORMAT ALPHA (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by IBForum
I'm using TRIM on several alphanumeric fields in a DEFINE and then concatenating them together in a ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Export to Microsoft Excel (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by IBForum
Bhanu, I think it used to work for me too, actually. Today, when I tried..more than once..to export......

Discussion Topic  RE: Export to Microsoft Excel (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by IBForum
JG, Thanks for your reply. I do a lot of AD HOC TABLE requests to the default output, HTML, and it......

Discussion Topic  Export to Microsoft Excel (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by IBForum
Has anyone played around with getting the right-click option, Export to Microsoft Excel, on an HTML ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Returning a File Date (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by IBForum
Thanks, I was going to try some embedded JavaScript, but this seems more straightforward. Francis, ......

Discussion Topic  Returning a File Date (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by IBForum
Is there a function in WebFOCUS to return a file's timestamp? I'd like to compare FOC files from 2 ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Escaping $ (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by IBForum
Thanks for the reply Francis. My coworker is going to try to see if EXACTLY EQ works. I know that ......

Discussion Topic  Escaping $ (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by IBForum
Is there a way to force WebFOCUS (ver7.6.1) to recognize a dollar sign as a literal? We have a tabl......

Discussion Topic  RE: MISSING=ON (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by IBForum
Thanks for the info hammo1j. We are using 7.6.1, so it looks like we are victims of this IBI bug too......

Discussion Topic  MISSING=ON (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by IBForum
Does MISSING=ON work when entered in the master file for a comma-delimited source. Based on what I'm......

Discussion Topic  RE: Clearing All (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by IBForum
Thanks for the help/info Francis and GamP. Once I hard-coded unique file names the problem indeed w......

Discussion Topic  RE: Clearing All (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by IBForum
Francis, Thanks for the reply. I wanted to do some more investigation before getting back to you. ......

Discussion Topic  Clearing All (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by IBForum
I'm calling a fex multiple times w/in one session using the EX operator in WebFOCUS 7.6.1, and the f......

Discussion Topic  RE: Wildcard Characters in DECODE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by IBForum
Thanks GamP for explaining what is happening internally. For those who wanted a code example, I'll ......

Discussion Topic  Wildcard Characters in DECODE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by IBForum
Are there any wildcard characters allowed in a DECODE in WebFOCUS? I've seen dollar signs used as w......

Discussion Topic  RE: SQL Translator - Capturing Focus Table Commands (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by IBForum
Thanks everyone, that will come in very handy....

Discussion Topic  RE: SQL Translator - Capturing Focus Table Commands (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by IBForum
It's my understanding that WebFOCUS translates SQL entered thru the SQL Translator (hence the name) ......

Discussion Topic  SQL Translator - Capturing Focus Table Commands (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by IBForum
I know it's possible to capture the SQL generated by WebFOCUS when using a TABLE request directly ag......

Discussion Topic  RE: WebFOCUS Quirk (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by IBForum
Tony A, thanks for the suggestion, no ISSUE_CDE field, but we do have a vehicle key field that we co......

» Refine Search
» New Search