Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (250 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Can you modify a file with data from another file? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
Just wondering - can you modify a file using data from another file? If that is possible, how is it......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: Question about MATCH logic (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
Thanks, Tom, It just gets confusing to me, when I see HOLD AS GOT_EM followed by FILE HOLD2. In ot......

Discussion Topic  RE: Question about MATCH logic (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
Again, thank you all for replying so quickly! I'll try to assimilate your replies and apply your ad......

Tom Flynn, I didn't understand your 3 lines of code at the end of the sample you posted... the line......

Wow! You folks are fast!!Thank you all so very much for your offers of help and advice! I'll incor......

Discussion Topic  Question about MATCH logic (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
I've got two datasets that I want to do some MATCH logic against. Both datasets can contain the sam......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How do I loop through records? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
Tony and Pat, Thanks for replying to my plight! I think a good possibility is to use the SUM verb,......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] How do I loop through records? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
Does mainframe FOCUS have the equivalent of a DO WHILE function? I need to cycle through records ba......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to trace what a program is doing (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
Thanks to all who have replied!! Francis, I most likely could use JOINs as you suggested, however, ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to trace what a program is doing (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
My bad!! The CREATE FILE steps are nothing more than using code like the foloowing: TABLE FILE XYZ......

Thank you, Francis, Where my FOCEXEC is a group of CREATE TABLE steps, with JOINs in-between, a......

Thanks, Ginny! I also looked up the ECHO info in my manuals.... some of it was clear, some was not.......

Francis, Thanks for replying.... the main reason I wrote to the forum was that I did not even know ......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] How to trace what a program is doing (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
In Mainframe FOCUS, not WebFocus, is there a way to trace the steps a FOCEXEC is performing? Is the......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] What does "THE SETS OF SORT PHRASES ARE INCONSISTENT" mean? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
Prairie and Francis, Thanks for your replies! That helped me to resolve the error. I appreciate y......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] What does "THE SETS OF SORT PHRASES ARE INCONSISTENT" mean? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
I just received the following error message in a FOCEXEC I'm developing: "THE SETS OF SORT PHRASES ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to sort in reverse sequence on report (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
Thank you , Leah, I appreciate you taking the time to reply....

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to sort in reverse sequence on report (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
I figured out the answer to my question already. Sorry for taking up space on the forum, but thanks......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] How to sort in reverse sequence on report (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
In mainframe FOCUS, how do you print a report in reverse sequence? For example, I have data reocrds......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to get around testing in independent sets of data (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
Thank you for the info-hint! ......

» Refine Search
» New Search