Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (250 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to get around testing in independent sets of data (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
Thank you all for responding, however, I still have some questions, based on how we use focus here. ......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] How to get around testing in independent sets of data (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
I'm getting the "Testing in independent sets of data" message in a FEX I've got. In the FEX, I need......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Need help with a date comparison (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
Thank you, Ginny, I'll keep what you said about the efficiency aspect in mind for follow-on work. ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Need help with a date comparison (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
Ginny, No, you aren't missing something.... I was having difficulty wrapping my head around the dat......

GamP and Pat, Thaks for your replies and suggestions! I'll put them to work and hopefully come up ......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Need help with a date comparison (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
In a FOCUS project I inherited, in the master file, I have a date field that has a format of P06YYM.......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to code for compound IF logic (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
Thank you all for replying! I originally had code like this: FIELDB /P5 = IF FIELDA (GE 1 AND LE 5......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] How to code for compound IF logic (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
I haven't been able to find info on how to code compound IF logic. Is code like the following valid......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Can you make a PDF file from a mainframe report? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
Sounds good, Gizmo! Thanks for the info........

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Can you make a PDF file from a mainframe report? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
I'm curretly running Rel 7.1.1 of mainframe FOCUS on an Amdahl box. I can easily make reports, or o......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] What dfoes a DEFINE FILE xxxx ADD do? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
Thank you, Leah, That was what I was thinking, but wanted to have my thought confirmed. I apprecia......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] What dfoes a DEFINE FILE xxxx ADD do? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
I'm looking for clarification about what a DEFINE FILE xxxx ADD does.... does it allow you to redefi......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to use "not" logic in a FOCEXEC (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
WOW! So many responses, so little time!! Thank you to all who responded and offered suggestions.........

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] How to use "not" logic in a FOCEXEC (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
In a FOCEXEC I know you can use logic like the following: IF BEGIN_DATE IS-FROM &DATE1 to &DATE2 b......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to find how many repeating values a record may have (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
Ginny, Yes, it looks like what you suggested, to answer your question. Of course as asson as I pre......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] I can't see my data when trying to print (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
Leah, Thanks for replying. I decided, where my PC is my interface to my mainframe, to reboot my PC......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] I can't see my data when trying to print (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
The missing semi-colon was a typo on my sie... in my FOCEXEC the semi-colon is present. The employe......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] I can't see my data when trying to print (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
I have a very simple fixed-format file with only 3 fields, and also of course a very simple MFD. Ho......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to join several files (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
Frank and Ginny, Thanks for your replies..... Frank, I wasn't quite clear on your reply...Ginny, I ......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] How to join several files (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by webmeister
What is the format for joining several files at once? I know how to do a simple one file join to an......

» Refine Search
» New Search