Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (132 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: [Solved] How to handle reports when a table's field is changed? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rfbowley
Your first step, after the database schema is actually changed, is to refresh the synonym so that th......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: [Solved] Menu system and chaining static controls (HTML COMPOSER) (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rfbowley
I use a technique called a "router". The code in the router.fex looks something like this: ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Converting on a Packed Decimal to Alpha and attempting a Substring (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rfbowley
It has to do with what is in the first three character positions of PGROSS. Since the number on PGR......

Discussion Topic  RE: [Solved] Is there a way to find out the format of user entered date? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rfbowley
After many clients and and struggling with this for a few years, I try to talk each client into usin......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] SET Command Vanishes on save (Developer Studio) (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rfbowley
I WISH I have a nickel for every time this (lines of code disappearing when I save) has happened to ......

Discussion Topic  RE: IBI should try this??? A Quarter Century Club (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rfbowley
I read this thread, and despite the fact that I am already drawing Social Security, I feel like the ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Top 5 customers (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rfbowley
try searching the online help for: ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [Closed] Choosing the database environment via HTML in portal (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rfbowley
The way I resolved this many years ago was to create separate Synonyms for each table in each databa......

Discussion Topic  RE: [Solved] Passing Parameters with WEBVIEWER ON not working (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rfbowley
Sorry Gun, but Danny is right. WEBVIEWER and AHTML are pretty much mutually exclusive. YOu need to......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Style Sheets for Multiple Formats (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rfbowley
This might be too simplistic, but have you considered using an ACROSS for the dates? As for a "comm......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] DMYY to calendar week (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rfbowley
Well Tom, it appears that YOU can teach an old dog a new trick :-) Thanks, I learned something new....

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] DMYY to calendar week (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rfbowley
You might have to 'tweak' this to get exactly what you want, but I would find the number of days sii......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Calendar icon and onclick event (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rfbowley
Dan, that onclick event only applies to the text box portion of the calendar control, not the icon, ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Calendar icon and onclick event (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rfbowley
Unfortunately, the end user rejected this solution out of hand. I had defaulted the From and To date......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Calendar icon and onclick event (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rfbowley
Has anyone figured out how to code an 'onclick' event for the calendar icon? A report I just finish......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Enclosing numbers within double quotes in CSV file (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rfbowley
I would suggest reading the "Using Functions" book. Look up EDIT FTOA PTOA Those three should co......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Simple Date - strange result trying to load (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rfbowley
It looks like you are trying to use EDIT on a Date formated field. That will produce strange result......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Dynamic Addressing Issue (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rfbowley
Let me preface this by saying it has been a while since I did any complicated RC work. That being s......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] How to do UNION using just MRE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rfbowley
Well, this additional info makes the task a bit easier actually. ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] How to do UNION using just MRE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by rfbowley
I would suggest further research in the tech manuals under "Universal Concatenation". Basically t......

» Refine Search
» New Search