Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 49
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (975 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: MySQL extracting dates in Data Mart (in iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point) by jgelona
I have never worked with MySQL, but in Oracle all date fields are date/time. If time is not stored,......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: DATE = YESTERDAY (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Expanding on susannah's example, if you are using a database where the date has time-of-day in the f......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: Include SQL file (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
I don't know what your hardware and OS platform are, but in our environment, I would do the followin......

Discussion Topic  RE: Larage File Size issue (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Sounds to me like this is some kind of extract for users to report from. Our Oracle database has ov......

Discussion Topic  RE: Batch job stops with no errors (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Just thought I'd update the with the resolution. For the version of Linux being used on the Linux g......

Discussion Topic  RE: Batch job stops with no errors (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Danny, if I start the job in Jan 08 instead of Jun 07, it finishes. I really think there is somethi......

Jessica, I have already the systems group that question and they said no. I even asked if running 2......

The job has been running just fine for a year. I'm 99.9% positive, it has nothing to do with the co......

Discussion Topic  Batch job stops with no errors (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
We have 2 virtual machines running Linux under VM on a z90 mainframe. On machine has the WebFOCUS r......

Discussion Topic  RE: update NEXTRUNTIME inorder to execute a job (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
If you want to run a job immediately, you may be able to use the DSTRUN subroutine. There have been......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Is FOCUS relational or hierarchical? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
IMO, FOCUS database offer the best of both. One other cool feature is when you have multi-segment F......

Discussion Topic  RE: Focus 5.5 Cannot Find Data Files in XP Pro (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
An upgrade may not be practicle if the application use a lot of CRTFORM with MODIFY or -CRTFORM with......

Discussion Topic  RE: What makes WebFOCUS Great? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
I would add using Report Caster as a scheduler. It has great flexibility and with pre-processing fe......

Discussion Topic  RE: Needing "Current Date" in a format other than alpha numeric (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Dennis, The answer will depend on where you want to do the caluculations. Are you wanting to do th......

Discussion Topic  RE: Remove trailling spaces from a local variable in focus 7.2.2 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
I'm with Waz and PB. I've been coding FOCUS and WebFOCUS since PC FOCUS 1.5, about 24 years and I h......

Discussion Topic  RE: Report Caster Scheduling (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Navaneeth, First in Dialogue Manager (DM) all variable are strings, so 20080616 can be a representa......

Discussion Topic  RE: Sending Excel 2k from reportcaster with print formatting? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Use a template. In excel (must be 2002 or higher), create a worksheet with all the properties you w......

Discussion Topic  RE: When exporting to Excel, can the heading be frozen? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Laure, You may also consider upgrading to Excel 2003. There are a lot of things available but you ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Excel Template Formatting (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Is WebFOCUS doing sheet 2 or is Excel doing Sheet 2? There are things that WebFOCUS will not do, at......

Discussion Topic  RE: "WHERE" vs "IF" (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
I have lots of code where I used IF before WHERE was an option and there used to be a problem where:......

» Refine Search
» New Search