Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (93 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] how do I print data from three lines in one row? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Charlz
Thanks Ginny, I wasn't really second-guessing his requirements. I was just wondering WHY redundant......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] how do I print data from three lines in one row? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Charlz
I'm curious as to why the first two fields are not needed ? Are the values in these fields : ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] DEFINE FUNCTION : Using temporary, local variables (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Charlz
I was afraid of REPEAT being peculiar to MAINTAIN. Help shows DM's -REPEAT and two (2) listings for......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] DEFINE FUNCTION : Using temporary, local variables (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Charlz
Yes, thanks Jack, That fits the results of "View Source" on the HTML output, where I see it looking......

Thanks Jack, That work nicely in most cases, but for some reason -REPEAT won't take the variable wh......

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] DEFINE FUNCTION : Using temporary, local variables (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Charlz
I’ve hunted for a while on how using temporary, local variables in a function definition, but no luc......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] regarding pivot tables (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Charlz
Thank you, Tony, It was not clear in the original post (which was Swapna's very first post, if I re......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] regarding pivot tables (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Charlz
Sorry Frank, I didn't mean to simply repeat what you said. I'm kind of new at FOCUS and WF, and it......

Hmmm... Seems to me that simply removing "PIVOT" from the FORMAT statement, "FORMAT EXL2K" instead ......

OK, I guess I'm not sure what you want. The 'ACROSS' modification sorts by CAR, then by MODEL, hor......

Hi swapna, I'm fairly new at WebFOCUS, but will changing BY MODEL BY CAR in your TABLE FILE HOLD......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Displaying Currency Symbols (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Charlz
Hi Susannah The "M" and "N" were probably part of the original FOCUS language, long before WebFOCUS......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Displaying Currency Symbols (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Charlz
Thanks Susannah ! That certainly does NOT belabor the point ! Looks like the ‘!’ invokes a library......

You might also try searching 16-bit ASCII Eurocodes for a wealth of special characters, although I c......

Here are a few more links that might help : Link to Ruble Symbol: ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [WORKAROUND] WHERE statement truncated at 80 characters (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Charlz
Without knowing the entire 'logic tree' it seems that you might break up the WHERE statements into l......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Count blanks in a string (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Charlz
You say "O the power of WebFOCUS/FOCUS" Is there a way to write a similar WebFOCUS routine without ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Purpose for Parameters in Intrinsic (FW) String Functions (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Charlz
PS: I have noticed that this ‘inlength’ parameter can be fudged, such as 255, because both ARGEL an......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Purpose for Parameters in Intrinsic (FW) String Functions (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Charlz
Good point – variable/field names are just pointers, and can be passed by reference (i.e.: pointers)......

Ah ! The legendary "Legacy Software" and the "de facto standard" strike again ! Makes sense though......

» Refine Search
» New Search