Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Javascript Validation Help needed.Very Very urgent!!

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Javascript Validation Help needed.Very Very urgent!!
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,

Iam using webfocus 8005 version and am stuck with this Javscript validation.Could anyone out there please help me to do this validation in javascript from the launchpage and this is really really very urgent for me.

1)I have a text box wherein the user can enter multiple employee ID's but cannot enter a manager ID and an employee ID at the same time and if they enter a manager ID and an employee ID at the same time,it should alert them with a message or throw an error.
There is a table which fetches the manager and the employee relationship and from that table,we can determine which employee is reporting to which manager and there are over 2Lakh employee id's.As there are >2lakhs of employee and manager ID's ,I can't check for these 2 combinations within the Javascript function using the if else statements or anything else.Any ideas on how to accomplish this is highly appreciated.

2.I have a text box1 wherein multiple ID's can be entered.Also I have a drop down having the values such as Jan 10,Feb 10,Mar 10 to till date and these values are dynamically being populated from a table.
Finally, I have another textbox2 wherein I need to copy the 1st entered above textbox 1's value and the 1st entered above dropdown's value (say in the textbox1,the 1st entered ID is XYZZ and in the dropdown, if Feb 10 is being selected ;then in this textbox2 I need to get as XYZZ0210 but I should also allow the users to edit this textbox at a later stage to enter any values of their choice.)

Could anyone please help me as soon as possible for the above 2 requirements.This is really very urgent.
Thanks a lot in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi,

Since this appears to be a duplicate of the topic at Javascript Validation Help needed.Very Very urgent!!, we'll work from that topic since it's had a reply.

Cheers!

Kathryn

Report This Post