Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Blank page is displyed in PDF format (WebFocus 7.14)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Blank page is displyed in PDF format (WebFocus 7.14)
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I am getting some blank pages randomly in the report i.e. one page is displayed and then the next page is blank, again two pages are displayed and then a blank page is displayed.

I have the same report for all the formats(HTML, excel and PDF) but this problem is there with PDF format only.
HTML and excel formats are working fine.

This report was developed in WebFocus 5.12 and it was working fine.
Now we are upgrading it to WebFocus 7.14.

What could be the possible reason of this strange behavior?
Please advice.

<ludo>
posted
Hi Do you use compound in your pdf?

Hava you tried the PAGE NO BREAK command

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Piscian,

Please try the following setting:

SET PRINTPLUS= (first try ON then OFF)

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We experienced this problem a few months ago, and it was usually only in ReportCaster reports, it turned out to be a problem with Adobe Acrobat. One of the newer versions we installed had problems opening the reports properly, and it was a few releases later it was fixed. Too bad our system people refused to upgrade Acrobat to the version that worked, so we had to convert as many of our pdf reports to Excel as possible and rerun others with problems on line as they occurred. We are on a old release of WebFocus, version 5 (or older).

Fred

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I experienced a similiar problem with a free-form report and eventually discovered that a text field was located too close to the right margin. Not enough data in the field to wrap/display on to the next page, but enough to cause PDF to create an additional page. Limiting the field size e.g. SQUEEZE=1.800000, corrected my problem.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05/PMF 8.1.4,Tomcat,IIS,Windows/iseries,sql server 2008,Excel/ PDF/HTML