Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Integrating Lotus notes distribution list w/report caster

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Integrating Lotus notes distribution list w/report caster
 Login/Join

<Joe Filtz>
posted
Hi all:

We are a webfocus 5.2.3 shop. We are using report-caster in a very basic way to send reports to our mgmt group. We are a Lotus Notes e-mail shop so we have a large number of distribution lists already created in our e-mail system.

What I would like to do is have report-caster access those established Lotus distribution lists automatically.

We have a very cumbersome work-around that we are planning (extracting the distribution lists on a nightly basis and populating some oracle tables and have report-caster access them) but (1) we don't know if that will work and (2) We would prefer to access the distribution lists real-time or near real-time.

Anybody with any experience integrating Lotus Notes and report-caster?

Thanks in advance...Joe

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Joe, same with Outlook.
no direct way i know of, but here's a work around: If you can make a simple flat file of 'burst variable' and 'email address', its very simple to set up a job in Report caster to read a 'DISTRIBUTION FILE' rather than haveing to type in a 'DISTRIBUTION LIST'...That's in the Admin Manual for caster. easy, i promise. If your fex doesn't need burst values, just a straight list of email address, just a text file, nothing fancy.
I have to make my DISTRIBUTION FILEs by maintaining my own version of outlook. I can't figure out how to extract from outlook. You indicated you could extract from Notes easily, so the rest will be a piece of cake. Just make a flat file, or a bunch of them,.you dont need an oracle db.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post