Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Dynamic Address in ReportCaster

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Dynamic Address in ReportCaster
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I've created a procedure that will dynamically generate distribution lists for several caster jobs. However, from the documentation I've seen, I don't have a definitive location as to where on the server this should be located.

Thanks in advance
Ken

Posts: 177 | Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 25, 2005Report This Post
<DocServices>
posted
Hi Ken,

You must code a WebFOCUS procedure (FOCEXEC) that is available to the path of the server defined in either the server profile (edasprof.prf) or the
user's profile.

For more information, please refer to the following topics in the ReportCaster Development and Administration Version 5 Release 3 manual (DN4500592.0904):

• Distributing Scheduled Output Using E-mail on page 4-32

• Distributing Scheduled Output Using FTP on page 4-43

• Distributing Scheduled Output to a Printer on page 4-51

• Distributing Scheduled Output to Managed Reporting on page 4-57

• Distributing Scheduled Output to the Report Library on page 4-60

I hope this helps.

-Jennifer

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Ken, page 4.35 for how to create
page 4.66 for how to delete
Reading 4.66 suggests that the place to park it when created is \ibi\reportcaster53\
and perhaps any directory therein that you might care to make. That's how it reads to me.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I'm confused.

I understand that I need to place the procedure out on the server.

I believe the source of my confusion is coming from the location of a pre-execution procedure I used to establish the path. This procedure, apppath.fex, is located in the ibi\srv52\wfs\catalog\ directory. Placing the new procedure in this directory does absolutely nothing for me.

However, when I do a 'Select Server Procedure' from within Reportcaster, I receive the message indicating that the process is "retrieving data from srvdev1".

Hence, am I to assume that I need to now put the procedure on srvdev1 and if so, is there a specific location where it should be stored?

Posts: 177 | Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 25, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks susannah. I'll give that a go.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
susannah,

I tried \ibi\reportcaster53 and that didn't work for me. I'm still lookin'.

Ken