Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Maintain Combo Box
 Login/Join

<Vijaya_settu>
posted
Hello,
I've created the form in maintain and added combo boxes. Currently I don't have value for the combo box. I need populate the value from the report.For example: Fanrpt has a field "Division". I want this field show in my form as combo box. I looked at the help manual, I could n't find anything related this problem..

Please let me know if anyone has suggestion regarding this....

Thanks
Vijaya

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Vijaya,

Report output is easily used to populate a stack, but in the case on a combo box, why don't you just load a stack with the values from the DB to populate the combo box?

Kevin

WF 7.6.10 / WIN-AIX

Posts: 141 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 09, 2005Report This Post
<Vijaya_settu>
posted
Kevin ,
Earlier I also tried just like you suggested. But it was just populating the values from the combo box. But I want the report to show when the user selected the value from the combobox.Please let me know if have any other suggestion regarding this....

Thanks
Vijaya

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Vijaya

As Kevin said populating a combo box from a report is straightforward, and using a value from a combo box for a report is also straightforward.

I am uncertain what you want to achieve. Can you show an example of what you want to do please.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
<Vijaya_settu>
posted
Hello Alan,
I do know it is easy to populating the combobox from launch page to Report.

But I have problem in Maintain form. I have Created a form with combobox with values coming from divisionStack. When I run the application and select the value from the combobox and hit the search button . It should give output from the HTML Stack depends on the user selceted from the combo box. For Example: If I select "Technology " From the drop down and hit the search button. The HTML Stack should only show Technology Division. Please let me know if you have suggestion regarding this problem...

Thanks
Vijaya

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Vijaya
When you select a value from the Combobox, you can retrieve it in two ways. The first is to use the notation: Stack().selection, or in your case DivisionStack().Division. That value contains the currently selected item in the combo box. You can THEN pass that value to the procedure performing the Table. For example:

COMPUTE SEL/A10 = DivisionStk().Divistion
EXEC REPORT1 FROM SEL Into HTMLStack

In the REPORT1.FEX you would have:

TABLE FILE file
PRINT fields
WHERE DIVISION = '&1';
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
END
-RUN

Notice that we are passing in the variable SEL, but we are retrieving it as &1. Values passed to an EXEC'd procedure are retreived sequentially; &1, &2, etc... Also, since I am assuming that DIVISION is an alpha, the amper value is in quotes. I hope this helps.

Mark Derwin

PS The second way to retrieve the values is by using the SelectedItem parm from the properties sheet, but I would rather use the notation above.

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Check out this previous post. It helped me out when I created my own maintain combobox.
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...611040412#1611040412

WF 8.1.05 Windows

Posts: 333 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: October 17, 2006Report This Post