Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    Custom code for Strategy Map bubbles

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Custom code for Strategy Map bubbles
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Dear fellow PMFers:
I have a request to use custom red/yellow/green performance code on the colors for the Strategy Map bubbles. The code works as desired in a detail report that rolls up and down with the lights on.
Does anyone know if I can use this custom code to make the colors change on the bubbles of the map?
If so, where do I begin?
Thanks.

Greg

current client: WF 8.1.05 & 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 7 - MRE / BID - IE11

local: WF 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 6 - MRE / BID - FOCUS - IE11

PMF 8

Posts: 274 | Location: Boston/New England | Registered: February 12, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Greg,

The colors on the strategy map inherits colors based on the “Look -> Chart Palette” specified under Settings.

You can change all of the charts in the system to another scheme by switching this. Behind the scenes this executes the a_chart_colorstyle.fex that is located in the pmfdata app folder.

If the colors you want are not listed there you can customize by either changing one of the existing or appending a new section for colors to this file after the “TANS_BROWNS”.

If you ONLY want the strategy map to use different colors this can be done a few ways, but involve some javascript coding. If this is what you are interested in, let me know.

Thanks,
Mike

Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your reply Mike.
It's not the colors I want to change, it's the code that calculates what color to show. How do I get to that code?

Thanks.
Greg

Greg

PMF 8

Posts: 274 | Location: Boston/New England | Registered: February 12, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Greg,

If you are not looking to change the color displayed what are you looking to implement? Why would we want to change that code?

It appears you are running 523HF2 which is an older version of PMF and there are many changes in this area since that release.

Thanks,
Mike

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike,
There is custom code that is used in a detail report to show red/yeloow/green at mulit-levels within a custom dimension that the user wants to use in the Strat Map.
So instead of the standard roll-up calculations for the Strat Map, the user wants to substitue this with their custom code.
They understand that any upgrade could wipe out any mods to standard procedures.
Thanks.
Greg

Greg

PMF 8

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Greg,

The calculations of the red/yellow/green for the objectives on the strategy map is based on the standard calculations used in pmf_booklet_data.fex.

This is called from stratmap_prevcurr.fex which formats and passes the data back to the strategy map.

I’m not sure what or where your custom calculations are, but if it is used from within the standard reporting code you could access it from there.

Hope this points you in the right direction,
Mike

Guru
posted Hide Post
This looks like a good start, Mike.
Thanks.

Greg

PMF 8