Focal Point
Error Message Diagnosis

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/37210738

April 16, 2009, 01:37 PM
jsp_lbf
Error Message Diagnosis
When trying to save measure parameters that I need to change in the edit measures screen for a loaded measure, I receive the following error:

*** Database error. Could not update Measures Load Field Map information.

Any help appreciated.

PMF 5.1.1
April 16, 2009, 02:52 PM
Michael Paul
Hi jsp_lbf -

Without learning more about this situation it is difficult to say what is happening.

What has recently changed to this measure that caused this problem to appear? Did you perhaps just change the measure from a User Entered to a Loaded measure type, etc?

Are you able to drop and recreate this measure from scratch and if so does it fix the problem? Some improvements were made to this interface in the last release that you may want to look at upgrading to 512. The new upgrade process has made upgrading PMF releases painless.

Let us know what happens.

Thanks,
Mike
April 16, 2009, 02:54 PM
Moogle
Here's some ideas to investigate:

-Check the a_hostname.fex in the pmfdata app folder. It needs to have your application server name in there.

-Make sure you are not loading any global site variables that might conflict with pmf, such as:

SET HOLDLIST=PRINTONLY
SET HOLDSTAT=ON

-confirm that you have proper permissions at the database level for the user that connects to the db

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you can view source on the error and tell me what it says. You may need to set tracing to all in the Manage tab | Settings panel button first.

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows
April 16, 2009, 02:56 PM
jsp_lbf
I did in fact change the measure type from loaded to user-entered and then tried to return it to loaded.

I was hoping to avoid recreating from scratch, as I have 3 that are in this situation.
April 16, 2009, 03:03 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Darn, unfortunately switching modes for a measure is a known issue in 5.1.1. You'll either need an upgrade or to recreate them. Sorry about that.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

April 16, 2009, 03:12 PM
SethW
I'm fairly certain I had the same error a couple of weeks back -- If I remember correctly, it caused me to be locked me out of the load screen.

Sorry to have to tell you this, but I resolved by recreating as a new metric.

Do you have a database back up? You can take screen shots of this old version of how you set up the load the measure definitions. Then resynch to your current database version and use the screenshots as a guideline.

WF 7.65. Solaris. PMF 5.11 on Oracle 10g
April 16, 2009, 04:20 PM
jsp_lbf
I can recreate. The measures are not that complex in design. I was merely trying to determine the cause of the error to see if it was an issue, or something that a user caused via an action.

Thank you to all for your prompt feedback.