This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/64910325

March 20, 2009, 03:58 PM
malapejohn
(SOLVED)Incremental Data Loads
How do Incremental data loads works?

Scenario
Part 1
If I have a staging table with 10 000 records. Then on the weekly data warehouse run I add 5 000 records giving me a total of 15 000 .
Part 2
I go to PMF Measure Loader and choose Incremental with the metadata with the above table.

Question
Does it read all 15 000 records and do a ON NOMATCH INCLUDE , ON MATCH REJECT??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: malapejohn,

-PMF 5.1.2
-WebFOCUS 7.6.9 on Windows 2003 Server
-MSSQL Server
March 23, 2009, 08:25 AM
Clinton Side-Kick
Depends on the Load option you choose:
"Add new, replace actual/target" will add new records, replace the actual/target values of existing records and preserve existing records that are not in your new load (a possibility for you).

"Add new, increment actual/target" will add new records, preserving old records and actually incrementing the Act/Targ values with the values from your load (a possibility for you).

"Add new, replace act/targ, delete old" will delete all records not in your new load, include new records and replace the Act/Targ values with the values from your load.

"Add new, increment act/targ, delete old." will delete all records not in your new load, include new records and increment the Act/Targ values with the values from your load.

The main questions are:
Do you want to replace or increment your actual/target values?
Do you want to retain old records?

Then I strongly suggest reading the available PMF Help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
prod: WF/AS 8.2.05; OmniGen;
In FOCUS since 1991
March 23, 2009, 11:53 AM
malapejohn
Add new, increment actual/target" will add new records, preserving old records and actually incrementing the Act/Targ values with the values from your load

This was the option for me . Thanx..
I read the Help as well..

-PMF 5.1.2
-WebFOCUS 7.6.9 on Windows 2003 Server
-MSSQL Server