Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Copying ADHOC report to another WEBSERVER

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Copying ADHOC report to another WEBSERVER
 Login/Join

posted
I create an ADHOC report in Report Assistant and save it my folder. I notice that on the server this is saved under D:\ibi\WebFOCUS71\basedir\myname folder.

How can I copy this report from one WEBSERVER to another. If I just copy the .fex file manually, I dont see those reports in My Reports folder.

I am actually trying to copy a set of reports from the DEV SERVER to TESTING SERVER. I compared the FEX files from both environmnets and they look pretty similar.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WEBFOCUS 7.1.7

Expert
posted Hide Post
You should be able to drag and drop these MRE reports using Developer Studio. Just configure the two environments and then you're good to go.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The problem is that the developers do not have access to the TESTING server, so both the servers cannot be configured on a single machine.
The reports have to be moved as part of a release and that is done by another team that has access to the testing server. We are expected to give a list of filenames that can be moved to appropriate folders, but as I mentioned, just copying the .fex into personal folders does not seem to work.

When we modify the Reporting Object (MRE) , we use the MRE Change Management option. But that seems to be limited to Domains, I do not see the User Management section in there so cant select FEX files from my folder to move to another server.

Anything else I could try ?

Thanks

WEBFOCUS 7.1.7

posted Hide Post
For Windows OS, map the Servers to your network drives for easy drag-n-drop copies. For UNIX OS, use Hummingbird Neighborhood to accomplish quick drag-n-drop FTP's, or use regular FTP from the command line.

WebFOCUS 7.6.6, Windows
Excel, PDF, HTML

Posts: 1 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 16, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brian, but I think copying the FEX file is not the issue, I did get someone to copy the .FEX file from D:\ibi\WebFOCUS71\basedir\myname folder on DEV server to the same folder on the TESTING server, but when I log into the TESTING environment and look under "My Reports" folder I dont see the reports.

So am thinking that maybe there is another step to this process that I am missing.

WEBFOCUS 7.1.7

Expert
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't you move it to your import folder and them import it into the new environment. I think the report is there but is not documented in your mreuser.htm file which you probably don't have access to on the other server. Otherwise, you might be able to modify it by hand, though not recommended.

Do some reading on the import function.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ginny for the pointer. I read up about the import function and specifically "Importing and Managing End User Custom Reports", but I have'nt had much luck yet.

Where should I be looking for the IMPORT folder that you mentioned?

WEBFOCUS 7.1.7

Expert
posted Hide Post
This is not my area of expertise. There is an import folder under basedir and some domains have an import folder. Maybe someone else can comment.

There is also a Change Management facility that might be a better method for you to move stuff from test to prod or vice versa.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hi rockon,

Move the .FEX file from D:\ibi\WebFOCUS71\basedir\myname\app folder on DEV server to the \basedir\myname\import folder on the TESTING server.

Then you need to login to Testing Server MRE and do the following,

1. Right click the domain which you expect to see the new files.

2. Select New Standard Report

3. Right Click and select Import External Files

4. That should show all the files you copied in to the import folder. Then Click Add All button, that will add all the files under your domain.

Hope it helps,

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post