Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] SAVE FILE OMIT LIST

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] SAVE FILE OMIT LIST
 Login/Join

posted
Is there a way to prevent WebFocus from adding the I5 list field with "SAVE FORMAT ALPHA".

I am reading an Oracle db and I am saving a single field:
 TABLE FILE QRY_STYLE_BOOK
PRINT
     STYLE_NUMBER
ON TABLE SAVE FILENAME TMPSTYLE FORMAT ALPHA
END

The output file has an extra I5 data field in front of the data:

00001002J1008G04
00001002J1230001
00001002J1230002

The 00001 is not wanted.

G

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GaryB,

Posts: 29 | Location: Seattle Washington | Registered: July 08, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Is STYLE_NUMBER a variable length alpha field?

Something like this might work:

PRINT
STYLE_NUMBER/A10
ON TABLE SET HOLDFORMAT PRINTONLY
ON TABLE SAVE FILENAME TMPSTYLE FORMAT ALPHA
END

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
WebFocus is adding the 00001 to the front of the data. It is not part of the field.

Posts: 29 | Location: Seattle Washington | Registered: July 08, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
 ALPHANUMERIC RECORD NAMED  SAV*****
 0 FIELDNAME                         ALIAS         FORMAT        LENGTH
 STYLE_NUMBER                      STYLE_NUMBER  A18V           24
 TOTAL                                                          24

Francis, The field is an A18V. Adding /A18 seems to force it to only output 18 charaters instead of 24.

Also, FORMAT TAB also worked, since it was only one field.

posted Hide Post
SET HOLDLIST = PRINTONLY

This has to be used of the output includes multiple fields.

Expert
posted Hide Post
As the field is a variable length field, it has the fields length before the field, that is why it is 18 chars + 6 chars for the length of the field.

Using Francis' suggestion will work, just change it to /A18

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
PRINT STYLE_NUMBER/A18 
ON TABLE SET HOLDFORMAT PRINTONLY 
ON TABLE SAVE FILENAME TMPSTYLE 
END

should work. This code also has the HOLDLIST=PRINTONLY statement built in. Thanks Waz.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post